The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#120023 - 06/02/07 02:14 PM Age Limits
Whirlwind Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
My 50 year old cousin recently married a 35 year old man, and they are happier than any couple I've seen in a long time.

What is your age "limit" for dating (both younger than you and older than you)?

Until my cousin's marriage, I wouldn't have considered somebody fifteen years younger than me. But they truly seem like a perfect fit and complement for each other.

Men choose younger women all the time, but I can't think of that many women who have. Cher had her "bagel boy", and Demi has Ashton.

Just curious about what you all think about this.

Whirlwind

#120024 - 06/02/07 02:33 PM Re: Age Limits [Re: Whirlwind]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Quote:

My 50 year old cousin recently married a 35 year old man, and they are happier than any couple I've seen in a long time.

How could anyone argue with success? I say, whatever makes you happy.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#120025 - 06/02/07 06:29 PM Re: Age Limits [Re: Anno]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
My 55 yr. old brother, who isn't that cute, honestly, and isn't rich, married a woman who is 36. They are a perfect match and deeply in love.

There is a 30 yr. old guy at work who is very interested in me and has an 11 yr. old daughter. He is gorgeous and I'm going to be 58 in July! I'm fighting the temptation to flirt back, but I don't need that right now. Everywhere I am, he's there staring at me. I catch him smiling and winking at me. I'm embarrassed but secretly flattered. He's young enough to be my son. I don't have money and I'm not young so what the heck could he see in me?? There are 20 somethings all over the place at work and easy too. He sits and reads all the time and watches me over the top of his book when he's not working.

Strange, strange...I've never considered a much younger man.

#120026 - 06/02/07 11:49 PM Re: Age Limits [Re: NewLeaf]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
never thought about it but i started datting older than my age limite, then it averaged out as about 5 yrs older was standered....once younger by few yrs and i didn't like it. Now my partner and i are the same age their 6 mounths older or so. I no real experinces with it but i think it ddepends on the people and if they look at the present circumstances and belive they loved and valued, if they can hold that feeling after 10 yrs without letting nagging insecuritie and doubt creep in (about their ages in and life diffrences after those ten yrs or so) in then all power to them.

i just relised i turned THAT AGE were you get attractive to the younger ones just becouse of your incressed age and experinces etc.....i had the babie sitter doing some seriouse flirtting and invitting us out to clubs with them and their pals....all i could think of was ahhhhhhhhhhh helppppppppp lol. Then as i was preparring to get married i didnt see them anymore lol a big signal that one lol. They may look good but the imituritie annoyes me. Needless to say i dont have that babie sitter anymore....

so maybee for anyone single its more about maturitie and things in common and chemistry then age limite....go for it give it a chances if you nuthing to lose if nuthing else its an experinces....

#120027 - 06/03/07 12:22 AM Re: Age Limits [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hey Newleaf, what about Demi Moore? She is making it work so why not you? Date him and see how it feel, you'll know pretty quick. You don't have to marry him, just have fun!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#120028 - 06/03/07 03:34 AM Re: Age Limits [Re: chatty lady]
NewLeaf Offline

I would be self conscious out in public though. I'm very shy in public. I've never had a really young man stir my interest as much as this guy does.

Its interesting to me to feel that way. I'm sure I'm just on the rebound.

#120029 - 06/04/07 04:43 PM Re: Age Limits [Re: NewLeaf]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
In my opinion, I don't think dating at this point is a good idea. From what I've read you have had a difficult time breaking off your connection with your ex. This relationship was toxic and unhealthy. If you go straight into another one without doing some work on yourself (finding out why you stayed with the man you did) you will repeat the pattern.

This guy may just be a younger version of your ex.

I see nothing wrong with dating a younger man when some time has passed and you are 100% ready to have a healthy relationship. Enjoy the attention but don't go there.

Your right, it would be a rebound relationship.
Kate

#120031 - 06/05/07 12:57 PM Re: Age Limits [Re: ]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I haven't posted in a long time - have been busy with work, hobbies, yard work, etc. Every now and then I scan quickly through the posts.

My rule for age limits is to never date anyone younger than my son. haha, just kidding.

I prefer someone my own age because I think you have more in common, but I do have an open mind. I've dated men up to 14 years younger and married one that was 12 years younger. He ended up being a jerk, alcoholic and drug user, but it had nothing to do with his age - he was a natural idiot. Some men never grow up.

laurapoplin.com

#120032 - 06/07/07 05:14 PM Re: Age Limits [Re: Daisygirl]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
When I owned my DQ there was a 17-year old boy who kept asking me out. He was serious too! I finally asked him what we'd do on a date...cruise around in his car? He said, yes. I told him I liked my dates to be at least legal drinking age but I finally figured out this kid was hoping to have a experiment with an older woman. EEEWWW!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#120034 - 06/14/07 09:01 PM Re: Age Limits [Re: ]
NewLeaf Offline

I dated younger men when I was 22 until about 30 along with men my own age. For me though, it usually is so hard to even encounter someone who stirs me and excites me that no matter what the age,,if that happens I can't ignore it. But I usually prefer men my own age.

HOWEVER, there is this one guy that I work with who stirs everything within me...I've tried to ignore him and most of the time I do, but yesterday he sat right beside me and the chemistry was intense...

He is 31 and I'm not.

Just to verify why I have such a problem trusting women...there is this girl about 20 something who likes him. She came up to me outside and said you look your age today. She said, I'm just being frank and honest..you don't look as bright as you usually do and, by the way, how old ARE you. I said I'd have to be out of my mind to admit my age but, by the way, isn't it a shame that as tired an dull as I am today, I still look better than you! She loaded for bear now....I have to be very careful because now she confronts me in front of everyone and calls me "grandma" and makes comments about me being the same age as her mother. She keeps confronting me in front of the other girls trying to find out my age and making comments about my hair, my clothes, my taste in music, asks me what I do for fun...says they will have to take me out and party, etc.

I told them I don't go out to the clubs.

Now I find myself hiding out in my cubby and avoiding them.

At least

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved