The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#69808 - 07/09/05 03:41 AM Sex In America
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Been reading alot and came across some interesting facts....For we singles there was a survey conducted that came to the conclusion that having a partner DOES NOT guarantee happiness. Only 62% of men and 27% of women placed a high priority on a satisfying sexual relationship...A very attractive, retired high school teacher whose name I shall not use describes herself as "75 going on 50." She loves her single life, she walks 6 miles four times a week, ski's and bikes and says freely to all who'll listen that she has trouble finding a man over 65 who's not looking for "a nurse with a purse." As an African American woman she would prefer a black man, but at this stage of her life she laughs that if a man has good teeth real or not, can see, and can hear well enough to listen to her express herself she doesn't care what color he is...She has a good question to ask...What can we women do to enlighten these men to the tenderness and love we older ladies are still able to give? Any takers?? [Wink]

[ July 08, 2005, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#69809 - 07/09/05 06:16 PM Re: Sex In America
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
A nurse with a purse. That is so cute.

I don't know, Chatty. Wasn't it you that said it's easier to teach a dog something than teaching a man?

#69810 - 07/10/05 12:59 AM Re: Sex In America
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Yep I believe I did pass on that bit of wisdom. Been there, tried that and its true. Dogs are usually much loyaler too, he, he!!! [Razz]

#69811 - 09/18/05 03:43 AM Re: Sex In America
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Okay ladies lets get some wisdom here from the singles entering the dating pool....got any ideas? [Confused]

#69812 - 09/18/05 04:54 AM Re: Sex In America
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
It has been my experience that when meeting someone new, I can pretty much tell right away if there is anything there, if something clicks. So, what I do is what suits ME. I either let it develop naturally, or I let him know right up front that while he is a very nice person, I'm just not interested. HONESTY. That's the key in my book. If you can't be honest at our age, then something wrong, I say.

So how do you enlighten men at our age? You tell them what you like, and what you don't like. You tell them what works for you, and what doesn't. This is a two-way street and I have found that most men are thrilled to find out that you don't like playing games and are willing to talk about things, AND listen, and give honest feedback. So... I say TELL UM. Plain and simple.

JJ

#69813 - 09/18/05 10:04 AM Re: Sex In America
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Funny story - I was boarding a plane and a woman standing next to me said "Did you notice that the passengers are all men?" (There was an electricians meeting somewhere)
Me - Actually, since I'm a single woman I did notice.
She - Well, we ought to get you fixed up with one of these guys.
Me - I'm not really interested in meeting one of them..... I have a dog."

About sex - Well, I have to be in love, and that takes a lot of time for me, it doesn't happen in a few dates. Some guys think your a freak if you don't want to get naked on the first or second date. I really like sex, at least from what I remember, but it's not much fun if it's with someone you don't trust. I think that's why it's better to wait until marriage.

Daisygirl

#69814 - 09/18/05 04:57 PM Re: Sex In America
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
I think this quote by Ayn Rand should be a tenet to live by
"I consider promiscuity immoral. Not because sex is evil, but because sex is too good and too important"

#69815 - 09/18/05 05:39 PM Re: Sex In America
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Good Heavens to Betsy! We're talking about sex? I thought we were just talking about being able to DISCUSS THINGS with men, not how to tell them what to do during sex! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Your Honor, can my message above be stricken from the record? I wasn't referring to sex partners, I was referring to getting along with the opposite sex. I swear to read better next time. Holy Moly...

JJ [Eek!]

#69816 - 09/18/05 05:45 PM Re: Sex In America
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I think if you fall in love with a man and he isn't real good in bed, you can teach him what to do and where to do it. [Wink]

Yeah JJ, act all innocent. Sure....

#69817 - 09/19/05 01:30 AM Re: Sex In America
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
I think a good read in answer to this question is the book "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman.

He makes communicating about our love needs (not just sex) simple-not easy just simple.

Lynn

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved