Last Saturday night, I had the privilege of attending a local concert at the Pawleys Island Festival of Music and Art here on the SC coast. The featured performers were Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis, Jr. If you don't recognize those names, think 5th Dimension--Up, Up and Away, Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In, Wedding Bell Blues, One Less Bell to Answer, You Don't Have to Be a Star, Workin' on a Groovy Thing...on and on. This husband and wife team are amazing. With Marilyn at age 70 and Billy at age 75, their voices are crystal clear, they exude joy and love as they perform, and they seem to enjoy every moment of entertaining the crowd. Their enthusiasm is contagious, and with an audience of baby boomers, everyone sang along with them. At our table, we chatted about what we were doing when these songs were popular. I remember being in my junior year of high school when Aquarius/Let the Sunshine in was a hit, and I pretty much wore out that album on my record player.

Music can generate memories that are long forgotten and possibly bring a sweet smile to your face. Kudos to Marilyn and Billy for a lifetime of actively participating in doing what they love to do!