This is not the first time this has happened. Today I baked a cake for a Mary Kay party this evening. Chocolate cake (from scratch) with buttercream frosting. There were a lot of extra steps in this cake, such as melting butter, and letting it cool, instead of using vegetable oil. Also, I have to adjust for High Altitude. And the frosting, buttercream/vanilla with walnuts on top, and I toasted the walnuts. Well, I know it's not polite to taste a cake before bringing it to the party, but I thought I should, so I did. As I am trying the cake, I taste bitter, not sweet, and I think, why is this chocolate cake bitter? And then I realize, I forgot the sugar. So, I double-check the recipe, and sure enough, I skipped 2 cups of sugar. Now this beautiful looking chocolate cake with creamy white frosting will go in the disposal. This happens to me fairly often. Is it stress? Is it the Alzhemiers my mother and grandmother had/have? I was also doing 3 loads of laundry, drying them on the line, bringing them in before the storm, hanging pants for my husband, putting dishes away, tending to 3 dogs, and cleaning lots of bowls as I baked. I used to be able to multi-task. What about you ladies? Do you remember how to remember?