The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 98 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#171800 - 01/18/09 03:52 PM Stand by Me
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ladies, if you can, you might want to go here and watch this FEEL GOOD video!

Stand by Me

#171806 - 01/18/09 04:41 PM Re: Stand by Me [Re: jawjaw]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
THANKS, JJ!

WEHEHEEEEY!!! from LONDON!!!

#171826 - 01/18/09 08:54 PM Re: Stand by Me [Re: Lola]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Jawjaw,
I really enjoyed that! That's what I call a "feel good" video...
tanks!!! You rock, girl!

#171850 - 01/18/09 10:52 PM Re: Stand by Me [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
AWESOME JJ, nothing brings the world together like music, and this video is a perfect example of that!
I played it three times in a row, just fabulous. I heard that kind of wonderful music when I visited Fats Dominos at his club in New Orleans years ago. I was fortunate enough to sing with him on stage in Chicago, and he invited my husband ane me down for a visit. I bet he would have loved this video...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#171902 - 01/19/09 02:27 PM Re: Stand by Me [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Jawjaw,
That was a really cool collaboration! Imagine what it took to
put that together. Amazing! Simply amazing!

Chatty,
You've truly hobnobbed with neat folks. Good for you!!!
Bet those experiences of yours, have made some awesome memories!

#172015 - 01/20/09 12:38 AM Re: Stand by Me [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You know Jabber I truly have been blessed in my life to have met and hung with the neatest people. I was in Fats Dominos home and club which were all destroyed in that last tragic flood. I have attended parties here in Vegas in B.B. Kings home, and these are two really gifted musicians and fine men.

I was friends with Liberace, and his home was the the most outrageous place I was ever in. Talk about ornate! I am putting all of these things into my book.

As I said, I have been blessed to know first hand some of the greats in show business, people who still send me birthday and christmas cards and vice versa...All really nice people to know and call my friends...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#172041 - 01/20/09 08:10 AM Re: Stand by Me [Re: chatty lady]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Toe tappin', head bobbin', shoulders swingin' and booty ... bootyin' laugh I almost got some exercise goin' there!

Poet and essayist

#172043 - 01/20/09 08:19 AM Re: Stand by Me [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I can't wait for your book to come out Chatty! You can write about the most glamorous movie star and music era. I once went to a Liberace concert. I wasn't feeling so good, and had to squeeze myself down the isle to get to the bathroom. Liberace stopped playing, and asked me if his show was that bad. I wanted to die of embarrassment. I think I was 13 or 14 at the time.

This is for you Chatty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9nO9Ro_kd4

Tina Turner is coming to Muenich. Her 4 day concert in the gigantic Olympic Stadium was sold out in two days!!!! This woman is 69 and moves like a 16 year old. Boy, she gives us hope, doesn't she?! They love her in Europe. We wanted to get tickets, but no luck.

Here she is with Cher and Oprah. I love her attitude
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PwSNFJFF5E&feature=PlayList&p=0AB825B0B30CA954&index=0

#172052 - 01/20/09 02:48 PM Re: Stand by Me [Re: Edelweiss3]
jabber Offline

Cher inspires me. Tina Turner is awesome and also inspirational.
Oprah is a huge inspiration. Both the elder and younger Mrs. Bush are people to behold. And Diane Sawyer is too cool. Joyce
Meyer is also on my neatest women in the world list. All and any of these gals could be anyone's hero. Are we blessed or what?

#172065 - 01/20/09 04:49 PM Re: Stand by Me [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Georgia, this is so cool that you posted this. We have a new contemporary service at our church on Sunday evenings. Our minister is super gifted at finding youtubes to go with his sermons and scripture.

He used this one a few weeks ago and it was incredible. Everyone was absolutely silent. His sermon was about God's presence in our lives and how He's always with us, whether we acknowledge Him or not. He's there standing by us. He also addressed how important it is to stand by one another. It's miraculous to hear secular music in a chapel with candles and stain glass windows.

Another thing that was cool about it was that our youth did a work camp in New Orleans. They'd seen the one guy playing in New Orleans and recognized him in the video. It was a beautiful service.

Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved