I was wondering how you would handle a situation like this.
My 21 year old son cut his finger at work on thursday night, (bad cut) He works at a grocery store in the meat dept. He told the manager on duty and was told to get a bandaid. It was the end of his shift (after 9pm) and so he rushed home, gushing. We got it to stop bleeding, and deteermined that there was no way they could stitch it. Later that night he informed the assistant manager of his dept. on-line, what had happened. He was not scheduled to work the following day. The following morning when we unwrapped it, it has a huge bubble sticking out of the end of it. (sorry to be graphic, I've never seen anything like it) We go to the doctor and are told that it could need surgery later to remove this bubble. He is given an antibiotic and tetnis shot. He went to work to speak to his Dept. manager about taking a few days off due to his injury. He is told that he can't have the next day off as there is no one to fill in for him. At work on saturday, the original manager who was on duty the night it happened, asks him if he filled out an accident report. Of course he did not,he left in a panic, and is told that it is now too late as it needed to be done within 24 hours! He has no insurance yet either.
I am so mad. I didn't think to tell him to fill out a report because I knew the manager was there with him and assumed that he would have handled that. Can you imagine, 3 managers were informed within 24 hours and not one of them thought to tell him to fill out a report.