I have several acquaintences that like to call me and tell me about their whole day/weekend. Usually it's after dinner when I have finally sat down to watch my FEW favorite TV shows. Now these are shows I wait for and look forward to every week. Then the phone rings, I answer and find out who it is I always ask if there is something wrong or if they need something? They say, nope just want to shot the breeze. I listen a minute then say I am matching 'MY FAVORITE' TV show, can I call you back in half an hour or so? They then say, no because I will be getting ready for bed. In other words I will bother you but don't want to be bothered by you later. Am I being petty do you think? Are they being rude? They have nothing to say as they call every other night. Now I say, oh my other line is ringing, it might be important. Then before they can say a word I hang up and leave the phone off the hook until my show is finished. Actually for some time now before sitting down to watch TV, I turn the ringers off on all the phones so I don't know if anyone is calling me or not. Am I bad or allowed some privacy?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/