Ladies, apologies for bring this up again as I know some members here think I'm "blowing smoke", which I am not. But when you meet women for the first time, and if you do not KNOW, please don't ask if they have children. Or, be very cautious in a new setting of younger women. Or ask how many they have assuming ALL women have them! If we don't mention that we do, we either may not have them, may not want to talk about them or have other things to say!

Often times I converse with women not ever knowing they do have them 'cause they have outside interests...which is so nice to hear!

More often now we get comments on our website that we are "assumed" to be a mother because we are women. Another comment is "Oh, you LOOK like a mother. How many kids do you have"?

It hurts. Some women may never "get over' the fact that motherhood passed them up. When we say we "could not have them"....or "I was not so blessed", please leave it at that. Or simply say "I'm sorry". Making suggestions ie: "have you thought of adoption" just does not help. Please know that we have thought of every which way....or are not "called" to be adoptive people. Or have gone thru tests and may have depleted funds to have treatments only to come up empty armed.

On the other side of the coin, if you want others to know you have kids, tell them! Then we'll know which direction to go w/the conversation.

this is all part of my on-going effort to educate about us CNBC'ers. (Childless Not By Choice'ers)

Edited by Di (06/18/09 04:20 PM)