On Monday night my daughter and I went clothes shopping. When I got home to look at our purchases and cut off the tags I noticed the sales clerk had forgotten to remove that heavy, plastic "security" tag on the one item.

I surely was not going to go all the way back to the mall to have her take it off. My daughter said, "you could leave it on and make a fashion statement." I said, "like what? I stole this jacket." We both laughed.

The next day while relatng it to a friend she cautioned me about trying to take it off myself. So last night I hauled my reluctant self back to the store where I purchased it. The clerk told me that if I had tried to remove it myself a type of permanent ink would've stained my hands and ruined the jacket as well. I could just imagine walking into a store with ink stained hands that say to everyone, she's a thief.

I hear this happens quite often but it's a first for me. How did she remember to remove all the security tags on the other items and not this one?

This is to serve as a warning if it happens to one of you. Take it back to the store and have the clerk properly remove the tag.

[ January 25, 2006, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]