The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#59683 - 03/10/04 01:58 AM tired of pain
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
(PART XIV -- but who's counting?)

My pulled chest(?) muscle, first injured 1 month ago, is hurting so bad I finally broke down and left a message with my doctor. This is Kaiser HMO so who knows when I'll get a response? In the mean time, I'm sleeping a lot, or trying to. Pretty bleeping close to dysfunctional again.

This just after my latest uplifting (aka upchucking) migraine this Sunday/Monday. Tied of this [Frown] tired of this [Frown] tired of this [Frown] and tired of this. [Frown]

Just needed to vent. And now Ms. Grammar has a new problem: are there any rules regarding punctuation when using graemlins? Should I write the handbook? ...although I doubt there's much of a market... [Razz]

#59684 - 03/10/04 02:15 AM Re: tired of pain
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Theres nothing worse than nagging pain and I feel for you. You would think the richest country in the wrold could come up with something to ease the pain of its citizens without turning us into drugged out zombies. Have you ever tried Oriental medical proceedures? Like acupuncture/tai chai? I hope you feel better soon and if prayers help and I'm sure they do, count on some extras... [Razz]

#59685 - 03/10/04 11:27 AM Re: tired of pain
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

I tried 2 months of weekly acupuncture treatments for the migraines, but it didn't work. The last 2 weeks of treatment also coincided with the beginning of my 2-month cold, and I guess it didn't help that either. I know it helps many people, but it didn't work for me.

The exercises I teach borrow from tai chi, yoga, and just about everything else. And I took so much pain killer for the migraines, I went cold turkey on the chest ache. I don't like being a zombie, but it happens with the drug OR from the pain, kinda no win.

#59686 - 03/12/04 08:55 AM Re: tired of pain
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Mereidth, I recall you getting a check up not too long ago, right? I say keep going to the doctors until you're satisfied...and feel better. [Big Grin]

#59687 - 03/20/04 04:16 PM Re: tired of pain
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Meredith, how's the pain these days? Any relief? please keep us posted.

#59688 - 03/21/04 08:51 AM Re: tired of pain
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

In conjunction with my bone scan, it was determined that I have no broken bones. I see my surgeon next week for a check-up and more x-rays. It's probably a torn muscle, but the scary part is that it's where I had all my surgery, and I want to know for sure. I might be sent to physical therapy.

I've cancelled some of my smaller craft fairs so I'm not straining the area during set-up. The pain has downgraded from constant to occasional. As far as the migraines, well, they show up when they show up.

#59689 - 03/21/04 04:23 PM Re: tired of pain
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Goog grief Ms M...like you need this, huh? I can so relate to torn muscles and the pain you are experiencing. And not just because of the wreck, but because I have had muscles tissues separate from my rib cage before. Ouch!

Please keep us informed as to what the doc says when you go. I pray for good news from the surgeon and for your speedy recovery.

hugs, JJ

#59690 - 03/21/04 05:14 PM Re: tired of pain
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Meredith,
I Hardly ever have a headache and can only imagine the pain of a migraine. It must be awful.
Body pain, however, I know intimately. Major car accidents at 15, 25 and 35 (the last after I had just got past the cancer thing). Long comas, multiple broken bones and numerous surgeries with each accident, one code blue, facial injuries, more than thirty broken bones, several crushed joints, a couple of severed tendons and no telling how many pulled tendons. The pain gets worse each year.
I try to ignore it.

Ignoring pain and smiling through it is all I've found that helps. Researchers say that a smile produces endorphins more effective than morphine. Endorphins also produce a 'high' like morphine. At one time they thought the 'high' produced the smile, but they have found that even a false smile produces some of the same pain relieving 'highs' as a real smile which eventually produce a real smile. Kind of the catch 22 of smiles I suppose. Which came first? The smile or the endorphin? [Smile]

I guess my policy boils down to "ignorance with a smile." [Smile]

But Miss M. I hope you'll check out the pain. Maybe there's something that can be corrected.

smile

[ March 21, 2004, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#59691 - 03/21/04 06:20 PM Re: tired of pain
smilingthrulife Offline

Loc: Baytown, Tx
I agree with you smiinize....I have arthritis. Not much fun. I've been dianosed about 7 years ago. I think this is the first year of the realization of what I'm going to have to endure the rest of my life. I've learned to make friends with it. I just try and take care of myself. But I still smile and keep going and try hard not to think about the pain i'm in. I know how tiring it is. Hang in there.

#59692 - 03/22/04 10:53 PM Re: tired of pain
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Good grief smilinize, if you were superstitious you might not want to turn 45! I love your thoughts on smiles! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved