The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 112 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#148407 - 05/09/08 10:46 PM Feeling bruised and battered..
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Ok..a little moan and groan..then off to bed..nite time here in Sweden!

This week I have had a lot of evening meetings at work. I had a graduation dinner..my son´s.. to go to..very nice actually..BUT in the beginning of the week, I banged my head into a shelf..a corner..and got concussed. I felt sick and awful for 2 days and nites..you know..when I had all this other stuff to do. It was tuff..but I made it thru! And then on Thursday, I had my eye op. for catarrac, I think it´s called in English..and my week-end looks like it´s going to be pretty busy,too..

Well, if I hadn´t given my head a big bang..maybe things would have gone a bit smoothly..but then who said that life would go smoothly..right?

Ok..nice to just have a moan and groan about it..

Ps. In swedish a concussion is Hjärnskakning=directly translated, it means: brain-shaking! I love it..my brainmatter was more shook-up than usual..who nows, maybe that was a good thing,too???

Edited by humlan (05/09/08 11:58 PM)

#148408 - 05/09/08 11:46 PM Re: Feeling bruised and battered.. [Re: humlan]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Is it the week for cracking our heads, humlan? I was playing racquetball yesterday and slammed my head into the side wall and cracked it pretty hard. My glasses were totally screwed up. I went home and hubby checked my eyes and took me to the fire station to get checked out. (Our nearest doctor is 30 miles away) My pupils were not the same size, but I didn't have any of the other symptoms, so I guess I'm fine.

Just a sore head and a day spent driving to get new glasses, etc. Not as rough as your week, Humlan. Hope you are feeling better now!

As I say all the time, just call me Grace!

#148409 - 05/10/08 12:01 AM Re: Feeling bruised and battered.. [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
humlan Offline

Yes, I feel I am among the muddling along living..a bit shakely..but nevetheless hanging in there..I hope!

#148410 - 05/10/08 01:47 PM Re: Feeling bruised and battered.. [Re: humlan]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
This has been a "heady " week for you Humlan. How did the cataracc operation go?
Now if I could, I'd come by with a box of chocolate covered strawberries...and eat them all up with you.
Hope you feel better soon! Let us know!

#148411 - 05/10/08 06:15 PM Re: Feeling bruised and battered.. [Re: Edelweiss]
Mountain Ash Offline

I'd like to be there to do the things a poorly Humlan would like..a foot massage.. a cream tea..(scotch pancakes raspberry jam and cream) tea in a china cup plus saucer.
Mountain ash

#148412 - 05/10/08 06:46 PM Re: Feeling bruised and battered.. [Re: Mountain Ash]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Humlan and Dancing Dolphin, maybe you'd like to touch the hem of my miracle jeans? (full crazy story in the Blessings/Joys forum) It gave me a Hjärnskakning of a different kind!

Hoping you're both feeling better. Wish I could bring you some chocolate cheesecake - chocolate makes everything better, doesn't it?

(Maya Angelou)

#148413 - 05/12/08 05:38 PM Re: Feeling bruised and battered.. [Re: Eagle Heart]
humlan Offline

Thank you so much, dear friends..for all your kindness..and your choclate, tea, foot massage, etc etc. GOSH I wish that I lived close to you all..what a blessing that would be!

I think that I am getting better..but I am not my old self yet..or maybe I am..still feeling a bit bruised and battered and kind of out of it. But on second thought..maybe that´s just me.

Thank you SO MUCH for hearing my call..my moan and groan..now on with the band-aid and everything will get better, right? Remember when life was that easy to fix???

#148414 - 05/12/08 05:40 PM Re: Feeling bruised and battered.. [Re: humlan]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Humlan, how is your eye?

(Maya Angelou)

#148415 - 05/12/08 08:40 PM Re: Feeling bruised and battered.. [Re: Eagle Heart]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Do you have a patch over one eye, Humlan? A cousin of mine had a cataract operation when he was 18 and needed to cover the eye for a period. Hope you're much better.

#148416 - 05/12/08 09:10 PM Re: Feeling bruised and battered.. [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
humlan, should you be seeing a doctor? What did the doctor say about your concussion when he did the cataract surgery? It's not common that you should continue to feel badly for this long.

Signed:
Concerned in Baltimore

Kath, too bad you don't live here. You could have visited Ross for some new glasses. HE has some really mod frames. He could have given you a discount. But then again, after hearing of your big win in Vegas, he may have charged you double!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved