The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#60972 - 12/14/05 08:04 AM It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?!
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband just informed me he has no clean shirts for work. It is now 10:14pm.

Explain to me how I am to know this fact......!!!

I guess the same way I should know we have none of this or that left.......

At least he has clean underwear!!!!!!!! [Smile]

(and that big washing machine thing he has to pass 20x a day is in working order! [Smile] )

#60973 - 12/14/05 06:09 PM Re: It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?!
ladybug Offline

Out of all the household chores ironing is the one I hate the most!!!!!!!!!

My husband always wore dressy shirts with his suits to work. People would notice the finely-pressed line down the arm and ask him if they were done professionally. Of course not, the "maid" did them. I am so glad he's retired and there are no more of those shirts to iron. I prefer to wear knits that don't need ironing.

Ugh, I get throbbing head pains just thinking about ironing. I do consider myself a domestic diva but this is one chore I can't stand.

#60974 - 12/14/05 06:11 PM Re: It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?!
ladybug Offline

And to let you know this late in the evening that he's in need of one....?

You will read about his murder in the next day's press!

#60975 - 12/14/05 06:29 PM Re: It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?!
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Oh, the pleasures of being single.........

Daisygirl

#60976 - 12/14/05 06:32 PM Re: It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?!
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
My husband wears "big boy briefs"...he does his OWN laundry.

Actually, he does mine along with his.

:0)

Danita

#60977 - 12/14/05 07:13 PM Re: It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?!
mrs_madness Offline

Loc: Moscow
I know this rant well. Mine does the same thing exactly. 10:30 at night as he's going upstairs to bed he asks "do I have clean socks for tomorrow?" What am I--the sock fairy?? Does he think I keep a mental inventory of all the clean clothes and who's got what? Why does he wait till 10:30 to ask me this?

Never in 20 years have I said to him "Honey, is there clean underwear for me tomorrow?" Not once. Nor do I ask him what he's making for dinner and then park it in fron of the TV waiting for my supper, or ask him if he got those checks in the mail to pay the bills, or if he changed the cat box, or if the dishes in the dishwasher were clean or dirty......

#60978 - 12/14/05 07:44 PM Re: It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
mrs_madness, how funny! I was laughing out loud at the "what am I -- the sock fairy?" WHAT A HOOT!

Your point(s) are right on the money!

I taught my boys to cook (believe it or not), clean, and more importantly, wash and iron. They did their own.

Every once in a while I would see my youngest struggling with trying to get out the door on time and I'd say, "would you like me to iron that shirt for you while you do bla..bla..bla.." I instantly became his hero.

JJ

#60979 - 12/15/05 08:16 AM Re: It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?!
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Well this diva sends here husbands shirts out to the laundry . I don't do shirts . My husband does help the laundry and he won't let me carry the laundry down the stairs. Great Guy! He does enjoy my cooking .

I love the sock fairy , Cute ! You are a wise gal J.J. to teach your boys to cook . Good for you.

#60980 - 12/15/05 08:26 AM Re: It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?!
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Retirement has cut down my ironing drastically. Like most of it is fabric for quilting. I never liked to iron, anyway. I'm sure my husband pulled the late night lack of clothes for tomorrow bit on me, but I've mercifully blocked it from my memory.

He didn't know where the wash machine was before he retired. Now he does a lot of it without being asked. Guess I should keep him, huh?

Then again, maybe not. He just called to ask me what he should bring to a pot luck tomorrow. But he also said he would go shopping with me and I could pick out something easy. How nice of him!

#60981 - 12/15/05 01:13 AM Re: It is 10:13 pm Did you know my husband needs clean shirts for work?!
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
I have not had a husband for 30 years. And i"m not complaining. Only whining because I have had to do it all.......whaaa, whaaa, whaaa. I am the queen of whine. But , hey , look at the bright side, I have no one to blame except for me, if the socks are not matched in the drawer.......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved