The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#58735 - 02/23/04 05:34 AM picture frame
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Since my work market got rained out this weekend, I decided to indulge myself with something I spontaneously decided to do.

I painted a picture frame.

It was one of many boring black frames on a dark wood wall, with a charcoal drawing 2 1/2' x 3'. Dark, big, and dark. I painted around the whole frame in 6 colors of bright stripes perpendicular to the picture.

It looks funky, fun and cheery.

It also took 9 hours. I was using good acrylic paints but they didn't cover the black, so every stripe had maybe 8 coats of paint. If anyone else thinks, "Gee, meredithbead, that's a great idea and I'd like to do it, but NINE HOURS???" I recommend you find out what paints will cover better over black. If I had known how long it would take, I coulda made a trip to my local crafts store, invested $5 and been finished in 1/3 the time.

But they're really pretty colors and I'm still glad I did it.

#58736 - 02/25/04 01:29 AM Re: picture frame
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
It sounds like a nice way to spend the day. I foudn that it doesn't matter how much time you plan for a project to take, it always takes longer. If it's ever easier than I think, I am tickled.

#58737 - 02/25/04 02:30 AM Re: picture frame
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Candice,
Boy are you ever right about the time of a project. Seems like no matter how much time I allot, it always takes longer. Also seems to cost more than I could possibly have imagined.

The frame sounds really nice though Meredith and you probably enjoyed doing it. You can appreciate it each time you see it knowing how long it took to do it right.

smile

#58738 - 02/25/04 05:02 AM Re: picture frame
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

I keep going by the wall to look at it, and it really brightens things up. [Smile]

#58739 - 02/25/04 10:22 PM Re: picture frame
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Meredith, your post made me think you might be inspired by another painter's work. Check her out at, www.flyingwomandesigns.com. Let me know waht you think.

I like her work and have a piece of it on my office door. It's a list of Things To Do. You send her what you want on your list, and she creates this colorful, funky, piece of art that you fall in love with.

[ February 25, 2004, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#58740 - 02/27/04 01:13 AM Re: picture frame
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

I saw her designs on this forum a few months ago. Nice work!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved