The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 143 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#58646 - 10/18/03 07:18 AM I know it's early...
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
....but it never fails that I don't get everything done. I need some craft ideas, but I have particular specifications--
I need a craft for company Christmas party that would require very little materials, not take up a lot of space, not take a lot of time, and not christian-oriented (my boss is Jewish). I also don't want it to look like, "oh great, Candice decided to make gifts this year."

I also need a craft for family members that would have the same criteria, but can be christian oriented. It also has to be easy to ship and can be replicated easily in bulk (I would need like 40)

I like to bake, but again, it would have to be easy and not take too much time.

SO, craft ladies, any suggestions?

#58647 - 10/17/03 08:03 PM Re: I know it's early...
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Candice,
Stamping is easy and can take as little time or as much as you want to put into it. You can make cards or find small paper mache boxes and stamp on those. We've also done small books out of old
adding machine tape. You fold the paper back and forth like an accordian. Cover cardboard squares to fit and stamp, draw or etc. on them for the covers.
If you like to bake there is always bread dough ornaments. I would have to find my recipe.
Were off to a church retreat this weekend and I am going to a hospice luncheon so will check back on Sunday. The women are all taking craft projects to work on. I am taking some stamps. I'll bet there is a stamp store near you. [Wink]
Do hope this helps and its never too early
to start on Christmas. When my extended family was making and exchanging names. We drew names Christmas day and worked on stuff all year. I cherish those fun times in my life. [Razz]
Maggie

#58648 - 10/18/03 02:07 AM Re: I know it's early...
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
For the office, are you looking for gifts to give everyone, or room decorations?

#58649 - 10/23/03 07:25 AM Re: I know it's early...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Candice, I have a couple thoughts. I brought this topic up the other night while with a crafty friend. [Big Grin]

She thinks picture frames are the best. You can make them out of cardboard, or go the easy route and buy the cheap ones you can decorate at Michael's. There is a whole new sction for card making with all these cute little designs you can glue on cards. They can be used on the frames. And a nice way to personalize it would be to put a picture you have of the person, their family, spouse, whatever int he frame before you give it.

To think ahead, the next tiem you have an office party you could take some pictures with the frames in mind.

Another thought that I love to receive is candy! No surprise here.

I have a friend who gives us Easter candy every year in this cute little box with all these very dainty chicks, bunnies, and eggs. They are made from the little plastic molds. My daughter makes them too. She's making pumpkin lollipops now. There are some staring me in the face every time I open thefreezer, but I know they are not to be eaten yet!

Anyway, I think candy is such a nice gift, especially when it's made. It's thoughtful and no one really takes the time to make it any more. Plus it's pretty too. How you package it makes a difference too.

Just some thoughts! [Big Grin]

#58650 - 10/23/03 12:14 AM Re: I know it's early...
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
bookmarks. Cut out cardboard long rectangles and have the kids decorate them. Paint, glitter, yarn, whatever. Take them to your nearest office supply store or copy shop and have them laminated. Punch a hole in the top. Attach a nice cord(s) and dangle beads.

#58651 - 10/23/03 04:57 AM Re: I know it's early...
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Thanks guys for the ideas, keep them coming. Meridethbead, I am looking for individual gifts. I liked Dotsie's idea of the picture frames. We just had a baby shower for the guy I work with and took a bunch of pictures of our little family at work. I think it would be perfect for this. The shower was fun and my other cowroker and
I believe we have a fall back job as party planners now.

I'll give you a brief description. This is his second child and we all know and love his wife so we had the whole family there (my coworker his wife and their daughter. We did a circus theme and put up signs that read " 1 new baby, 2 children equals a 3 ring circus. We made a circus tent for the doorway with balloons. We had multuicolored table clothes and spread out animal crackers all over the table for decorations. Then we had tree rings at out guests of honor's seats. In each ring was a special costume for each honoree to wear. There was a top hat for my coworker (th ring master) a clown nose and big bow tie for their daughetr(the circus clown) and a tiara for the wife (tight rope walker). It was pretty darn creative and they were pretty shocked. Their litle girl loved it and couldn't get over all the ballons.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved