The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#59185 - 09/26/05 09:58 PM Beaded Butterfly and Dragonfly Brooches
Bead Angel Offline

Hi all,

Recently been busy with some beaded butterfly and dragonfly brooches, see the photos at: http://www.beadjewelrymaking.com/beaded_brooch.html

Also finished the Dragonfly instruction at: http://www.beadjewelrymaking.com/Kid_Art_Project/Kid_art_bead_project/october2005_bead_project.html

The butterfly instruction is ready to share too, at: http://www.beadjewelrymaking.com/Kid_Art_Project/Kid_art_bead_project/november2005_bead_project.html

Thanks for looking!

[ November 01, 2005, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Bead Angel ]

#59186 - 09/27/05 12:21 PM Re: Beaded Butterfly and Dragonfly Brooches
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Hi Bead Angel,

Thanks for posting these! We haven't heard from you in a while. I looked at a few of the instructions and the pieces are gorgeous, as your work always is.

My 12-year-old neice wants me to send her some beads and instructions for making jewelry, really simple stuff like single strand necklaces or linear dangle earrings. She doesn't even have tools yet. It's easier to teach in person, but I won't see her until June. I'll send her a care package with beads and tools next week.

My sister says that her daughter takes after me a little [Cool] because she likes beads and poetry, neither of which my sister does at all.

[ September 27, 2005, 05:30 AM: Message edited by: meredithbead ]

#59187 - 09/27/05 04:21 PM Re: Beaded Butterfly and Dragonfly Brooches
Bead Angel Offline

Hi, nice to chat with you again,

I have been busy with a few beading ideas that I want to finish before I forget them. The butterfly and dragonfly was two of those ideas.
also did more belts (one skinny belt that I made for my mom whose leather belt broke and I salvage the metal buckle to make a new belt for her)

I do find that my niece takes after me too in the crafting area, but she's still young so maybe all young girls like crafting and will probably grow out of it. Hmm after saying that, maybe we both still have a child in us.

Cheers!

#59188 - 09/27/05 10:10 PM Re: Beaded Butterfly and Dragonfly Brooches
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Bead Angel, I find your site amazing. I can't imagine putting together the directions for the site. You must have tremendous patience. Your work is lovely.

Meredith, isn't it touching to have a family member take after you? How cool is that?

#59189 - 09/28/05 12:51 AM Re: Beaded Butterfly and Dragonfly Brooches
Bead Angel Offline

Thanks,

Just my interest in beading and the internet that brought me to make the site.

Cheers!

#59190 - 09/28/05 11:26 AM Re: Beaded Butterfly and Dragonfly Brooches
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

The neatest part is that my niece is so excited about this! I've been emailing her to ask what kinds of beads she likes, favorite colors, etc.

She's 12 now, and I haven't seen her in 10 years. We live 3000 miles away [Frown]

Bead Angel, I'm also glad that you've included the wire guage in these instructions. I seem to recall that I saw some others that didn't. Maybe I just didn't see them.

#59191 - 09/28/05 12:15 PM Re: Beaded Butterfly and Dragonfly Brooches
Bead Angel Offline

I think I did for this one, for the previous past projects, I guess I wasn't experience enough for instruction writing so I guess I missed out a few details, but now I'm starting to get it.

Thanks to all my forum friends like you who helped me improve.

Cheers!

#59192 - 09/29/05 10:20 AM Re: Beaded Butterfly and Dragonfly Brooches
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

I've taught bead classes, and know that for beginners, you can't just say "bead wire" or they look at you like your head just fell off. Beginners have no idea about wire guage, so you really have to tell them on every project. Even something like "for 11/0, use 28 guage; for 8/0 use 26 etc..."

Other than than, your instructions are very clear.

#59193 - 09/29/05 12:30 PM Re: Beaded Butterfly and Dragonfly Brooches
Bead Angel Offline

Thanks,

I needed all of your feedback like these to improve on my instruction and also my beading experience. I live in Singapore and the materials I buy like wires and nylons are all different from what I see online - the worse thing they don't have any packaging and don't say the gauge, I had a hard time quoting the gauge in the beginning but surfed quite a few sites and learned more about the thickness and the name or gauge most beaders call it. (I use mostly 25 and 28 gauge - so happy I can name them now)

All thanks to friends like you! Hugs!

#59194 - 11/01/05 11:13 PM Re: Beaded Butterfly and Dragonfly Brooches
Bead Angel Offline

Hi all,

I have added the link to the butterfly instruction on the first post on this thread.

Enjoy!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved