The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#58638 - 10/06/03 03:00 AM Recycled Craft
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Hi,
Just had to share a recycled craft. Saw the idea in a magazine and adapted it. Take a CD(computer)
that you would throw away. Trace around it on a piece of felt. I am making snowmen and gingerbread men so used white and light brown.
For the head you can either use cardboard or an orange juice can. I traced around a spool of ribbon onto cardboard.
Glue the felt to both sides of these and let dry.
Decorate with snaps, buttons, rickrack whatever is lying around your craft room or bazaar workshop. [Smile]
I received outdated CD's that were promotions from
two different stores.
Thanks Dotsie for the mention of crafts gal.
Maggie

#58639 - 10/06/03 06:27 PM Re: Recycled Craft
Maggie Offline

I should have read through these directions again.
The juice can lids make wonderful heads. When you have finished gluing the felt on the two pieces.
Glue the head (cardboard,juice can lid) to the
body (CD). Do hope this is more clear.
Thanks,
Maggie

#58640 - 10/07/03 02:25 AM Re: Recycled Craft
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Maggie,
This sounds really cute and doesn't sound hard. But then again, what do I know?

Would you happen to have a pic? You know, for us idiots that have to have directions for EVERYTHING? [Wink]

#58641 - 10/07/03 03:19 AM Re: Recycled Craft
Maggie Offline

Hi JawJaw,
I don't have a pic yet. I am taking it down to the bazaar ladies to finish. Trying to let them be creative this year and it really is working. If they finish it will try and scan one
and send it to you. Your not an idiot just like to
see the pictures.
Thanks,
Maggie

#58642 - 10/07/03 03:39 AM Re: Recycled Craft
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
hey kewl Maggie! I might want to try some of these to put in gift baskets this year for Christmas. A pic would be great! Thanks girl... [Cool]

#58643 - 10/19/03 10:25 AM Re: Recycled Craft
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hey, I'm thinking these might make interesting tree ornaments and other hanging ornaments, if you join the circles together with small pieces of ribbon. Would that work? Maybe smaller versions, using mushroom can lids? Or even jar lids?

I used to like covering used cans with fabric and making pen and pencil holders. I did it with linen, batting and lace once! But only once. Too complicated.

Good luck at the bazaars! Sounds like a whole lotta fun!

#58644 - 10/20/03 09:04 PM Re: Recycled Craft
Maggie Offline

Lil,That's a wonderful idea and if someone wanted to they could punch holes in the lids and decorate with wire which is really popular right now too. Think I'll suggest this to our bazaar group. [Smile] Candice I found paper mache boxes at JoAnn's yesterday. There were four in a bag for .99 a bag.
I also look at thrift shops and garage sales.
Maggie

#58645 - 10/21/03 09:55 AM Re: Recycled Craft
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
I have a little craft... I haven't done it in years but one year when we were so broke for Christmas I made frames, picture frames, for all of our family, with really sturdy cardboard.

I think I used two or three thicknesses of shirt cardboard or shirt boxes, I can't remember exactly but anything sturdy will work. I made the square or rectangle frame by just cutting it two inches wide all the way around and then cut the inside out.

I hot-glued pasta, uncooked OF COURSE, all over the frame. I used rotelli, bow tie, and a couple of other really decorative pastas, all really close together.

Then I sprayed them with gold paint.

When they were totally dry, the next day, I added some odd buttons, some slices of small pinecones, so they had sort of a rich goldish, brownish earthy effect.

Then placed a piece of plastic, like binder sheet protectors or mylar...some clear stuff anyway, on the non macaroni side... and then the pictures behind that, face in the frame of course...and then added another piece of sturdy paper or cardboard and then felt and a stand made of some more cardboard.

I thought they were really beautiful. It was a definately more artistic effort than the kindergarten macaroni frames but it was sort of a wonderful textural thing.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved