The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 119 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#157513 - 08/25/08 05:09 PM Pictures in Post
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I thought I would take this opportunity to tell everyone how to post a pic in a post...wait....a pic in a post. That sounds too much like a pig in a post. Hmmm...speaking of which, I'm putting a picture of da Queen here inside along with Dinah, my traveling buddy from high school who was brave enough to go to Alaska with me this summer. We visited our long-time friend Vicki who is a teacher there.

On a clear day, you could see the outline of Siberia Russia...no joke. I'm the one on the left who resembles the Michelin Man.

So here goes:

To post a picture in a post, you select "INSERT AN IMAGE" which is the fourth icon over from the left when you do a new post.

At that time, you can decide whether it goes in the middle, left, right, or non floating.

Once you select where you want your photo to "sit" inside the post (I selected left for this one), a menu will come up that tells you to ENTER THE COMPLETE URL (or address) for the picture. If you are COPYING AN IMAGE FROM PHOTOBUCKET, please make sure you delete the [img] that will accompany your URL address when you insert it here. The one at the beginning of the picture, and the one at the end.

They will be in the address if you copy it from PHOTOBUCKET and it is from the list of options that say "IMG CODE." If you use that one, please make sure you delete the [img] at the beginning and end of the URL. Then your picture will show up.

Why? Because this is already embedded in the code HERE. You don't need it twice.

ps---that's the Continental Divide behind us.

#157522 - 08/25/08 06:46 PM Re: Pictures in Post [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Here is another pic of da Queen with the "Elder" or chief (if you will) of the village of Wales. He had us over for dinner the night before we left. We had blubber, sea lion (my favorite), walrus, greens (not like you think when you think of greens), sea oil, and salmon. All boiled. They were just lovable people and I can't help but smile when I see the picture. I ate like a pig so they loved me. They had the doors all open and I was freezing.

It is Lena, Queen, and Luther.

#157551 - 08/25/08 08:03 PM Re: Pictures in Post [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: jawjaw
...If you are COPYING AN IMAGE FROM PHOTOBUCKET, please make sure you delete the [img] that will accompany your URL address when you insert it here. The one at the beginning of the picture, and the one at the end.

They will be in the address if you copy it from PHOTOBUCKET and it is from the list of options that say "IMG CODE." If you use that one, please make sure you delete the [img] at the beginning and end of the URL. Then your picture will show up.

Why? Because this is already embedded in the code HERE. You don't need it twice.
To eliminate this step, choose the Direct Link code instead of the IMG Code.

JJ, it's weird seeing all that 'cold' while it's in the 90s here. Thanks for sharing your pics, some trip info and the instructions.

#157603 - 08/26/08 02:36 AM Re: Pictures in Post [Re: gims]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Thank you Gims! Is this gal on the ball or what? I love that she cares so much and we should all give her a big thank you for sharing her knowledge. I always learn something new from the Gimster!

Thanks gal!

#157625 - 08/26/08 05:20 AM Re: Pictures in Post [Re: jawjaw]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Cool pics (literally!) On the long list of "I'd love to go someday."

Poet and essayist

#157877 - 08/28/08 05:18 AM Re: Pictures in Post [Re: meredithbead]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Great pics JJ but Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I'm an old dog who loves the sunshine, warm days and beach! Alaska is way far off my monitor. Glad you had a great time though.
www.tidedancer.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved