The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#98760 - 12/10/06 12:47 AM Back from a short vacation!
Pam R. Offline

Well girls, one week in Florida is not enough!! Unfortunately, we had 2 full days of rain and it was a bit chilly and windy on the east coast as some of you Florida gals must know. It was nice to get away and sit at the beach and pool for 3 days out of the week. We did visit a relative on one of the rainy days and shopped on the other. I even got 3 Christmas gifts while vacationing!! I packed them well and put them in my carry-on for the trip home.

I couldn't believe how I found myself thinking of BWS each night! My routine of logging on and chatting or even just reading all your posts was missing! Gee...I really do like this place!

#98761 - 12/10/06 12:52 AM Re: Back from a short vacation! [Re: Pam R.]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Welcome back! Sorry to hear about the rainy weather - that's disappointing if you were going for some sun and warmth. We go to the Caribbean almost every February (it's hubby's "sacred cow") for several weeks. The past couple of years we've had at least one whole week that has been cold and rainy for days at a time...we always feel badly for anyone vacationing there for just that week!

Anyway, I know what you mean about missing this place when you're away...it really does become an integral part of your life, doesn't it!

(Maya Angelou)

#98762 - 12/10/06 12:56 AM Re: Back from a short vacation! [Re: Eagle Heart]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Welcome back Pam! I use to go to the beach all the time (we live fairly close, 7 hours) and I loved it. My thing is the mountains now...Glad to hear you had a good time despite the weather not cooperating. Also glad you're home safe, sound, and relaxed.

JJ

#98763 - 12/10/06 03:01 PM Re: Back from a short vacation! [Re: jawjaw]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Welcome back, Pam. It's cold here so rain actually sounds good to me.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#98764 - 12/15/06 11:30 AM Re: Back from a short vacation! [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ah, a week in Florida sounds wonderful. Isn't it nice ti have a break in routine? What part of Florida.

Speaking of missing the forums. One of my first questions of Ross when he plans a trip is, "Do they have internet access?"

#98765 - 12/20/06 08:16 PM Re: Back from a short vacation!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Funny but when Pam said she would think of the forum at night, because not a day goes by that I don't drop by to see whats going on. I find myself thinking when something occurs in my daily life, "Oh I have to tell my sisters at BWS about this." Its as if you are all my best girlfriends and my husband and even my kids, all rolled up in one wonderful group of women. My entire life seems to start and end somehow in this forum, one way or another. When they one day find me passed on, they are going to have to pry this computer from my cold dead hands. Thats sick, I know its sick and I don't care. I have never had an addiction, so why not now? You BWS ladies are better that anything else I can think of to be addicted to...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#98766 - 12/21/06 04:04 AM Re: Back from a short vacation! [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
You're right, Chatty. It's not a bad addiction. I'd love to post during the day and sometimes just check it out, pop in for a minute to see what's up, but I don't post from work. I visit at night and first thing in the morning.

Louisa

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved