The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 104 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#86303 - 08/26/06 05:11 PM Florida Keys
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I just returned from a week in the Florida Keys. We go several times a year and stay at an apartment near the Long Key State Park. It's a great place to relax and unwind and get away from the day to day stress.

We take our pets with us. Our dog, Jack and our parrot, Bailey. They enjoy being on vacation too. I would miss them terribly if we didn't bring them, and wouldn't enjoy my vacation at all, knowing they were away from me.

Do you take your pets on vacation with you? Or do you board them? How do you like the kennels? Have you visited them unannounced to see how they work? I haven't found a kennel I really truly love, so am hesitant to leave Jack in one.

My husband would rather we left the pets in a kennel, but indulges me. While he is off diving every day, I'm at the apartment. If I didn't have my pets with me, I'd be alone. They keep me company. I can't dive because of an ear problem, so I can't go with him.

The keys are only 6 hours from us, so we can make the trip, easily. I usually drive because I make a terrible passenger. I get all anxious and nervous. But, behind the wheel, I'm fine. Go figure.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#86304 - 08/26/06 10:56 PM Re: Florida Keys [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Vicki, I have a critter sitter in our building. They are older and love my dog and parrot so I know they will be treated well. I could never leave my dog at a kennel. She'd have a breakdown (so would I, worrying about her). The bird is used to them now and talks up a storm, something they both love. It cracks them up!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#86305 - 08/27/06 03:11 AM Re: Florida Keys [Re: Dianne]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
We're leaving on vacation next Thursday, and Luke (our fat beagle) will be staying with my neighbors. He loves being over there and snooping in their yard for squirrels, and playing with their dog, a standard poodle.

Once before we left him at the house with a sitter, but he ran away and we were really lucky to get him back. Then we kenneled him when we went away for awhile, but I know he hated every minute. It was not one of those luxury ones!

But now, my neighbor and I trade off with dog sitting, and that seems to be working very well. Plus, it's free!

Kathy

#86306 - 08/27/06 04:54 PM Re: Florida Keys [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Hmm.. asking your neighbors. I don't have any neighbors that I think I could ask. Most work all day and Jack and Bailey are used to having me around all day. The only neighbor that Jack really likes has 2 dogs already of her own. Don't know what she'd think if I asked her to watch Jack as well.

Maybe I'm just not meant to board my pets. :-)
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved