The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#57552 - 04/02/04 12:22 AM free round trip ticket!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This past weekend I traveled to visit my son at college. Trying to return home on Sunday night became a game. For some odd reason I didn't ahve an assigned seat. The aircraft was overbooked by 12 passengers. [Eek!]

Long story short...they offered a free round trip ticket to any person who wanted to take a flight to Dullas Airport and get a cab to BWI. I went for it. I called my husband and he picked me up at Dullas, scooted by BWI to get bags and then home!

I've seen this happen before. This summer when my son and I were traveling they were so desparate they started offering 2 free round trip tickets to any connection in the US. We were anxious to get home so we didn't do it. It also involved them putting us up in a hotel and that was a bit much.

Just thought I'd share.

I have an uncle who is retired and he and his wife travel fairly often. They always listen up for these offers and often take advantage of them allowing both of them tickets for their next vacation! Not a bad deal if you aren't in a hurry! [Wink]

#57553 - 04/03/04 07:03 AM Re: free round trip ticket!
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
The very first plane trip I ever took was when I was about 15. I flew to Champaign/Urbanna, IL to live with my Dad's sister & her family for a summer. It was also the summer of the 1968 Democratic hoo-haw in Chicago. Long story short, the flight change in Chicago didn't happen, airlines had to put me in a hotel for the night and another flight the next morning. I called home, my parent's were frantic, aunt/uncle were frantic...no one knew what had happened to me...all lots of fun, excitement, adventure to a 15 year old away from home on her very own for the first time. The airlines paid for hotel & meals but then I didn't know they should have given me a free ticket as well.

Whenever possible, I always go for the later flight and free ticket. Sometimes I've been bumped up to first class and *that* was a LOT of fun!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved