The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#57413 - 11/22/03 08:42 AM budapest
midtown girl Offline

Loc: Harrisburg, PA
Hi, this is my very first message. I would like to know if anyone has been to Budapest, and if so, what did you like/dislike about it? Went to Prague last March and loved it - very haunting and dramatic.

#57414 - 11/21/03 10:08 PM Re: budapest
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
welcome to the forum Midtown girl! I am sure I speak for all the regulars in here when I say I hope you find a home here and make tons of new friends.

Now about Budapest...about the closest I can come to that is a piece of Redwork I bought a while back at an antique shop. It has a wonderful saying on it but because I didn't speak the language, I had to write to the Chamber of Commerce in Budapest to find out what it said. How did I know it was wonderful? Well, because the pic (the Redwork itself) was a little boy handing flowers to a little girl. It is very large and my guess is it would cover the back of a couch? Tablecloth? Dunno. Anyway...drum role....It said...."I can't give you anything but flowers." Ta daaaa....I love it and have it hanging over a Drunkards Path quilt in my bedroom. The people I emailed in Budapest were absolutely the sweetest people and so friendly. I have always thought I would enjoy visiting there. Who knows...maybe I will someday, eh? [Smile]

#57415 - 11/22/03 12:29 AM Re: budapest
midtown girl Offline

I hope you do get to visit Budapest one day. Do you like to travel? I love to and am planning on going to Africa this August. I am meeting with various friends who have been there so we can discuss the highlights of their trips. It is one looooong flight - I know that much. I can't wait to get safari clothes like Jane Goodall. Has anyone been there?

#57416 - 11/22/03 01:13 AM Re: budapest
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
MG,
If it were up to me and the bank, I would do nothing but travel and write. However, they have a different view! ha!

I have been to Scotland and England, but that is about as far away as I have gotten. Candice is the one you need to converse with, as that girl as been everywhere.

And come to think of it....she never takes me...hmmm...Yuhhoooo Candiceeee....we need to talk girl... [Mad]

#57417 - 11/22/03 04:14 AM Re: budapest
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Hi Marianne! My husband was an international pilot for TWA. He has been about everywhere. Many places were a few decades ago. But if you have specific questions I would be happy to pass on for a response. He is not a ready talker fo such things but I might be able to glean an items or two or be able to pass on info I already have.

My mother-in-law, who travelled extensively onher sons free tickets, loved Africa, particularly Kenya and Hawaii the best. She too, went everywhere.

Stick around in the forum for awhile and see what turns up. [Wink]

#57418 - 11/23/03 07:58 PM Re: budapest
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Midtowngirl, yy husband and I like to travel too. However we tend to end up on warm, sandy beaches. When we go on vacation we just like to relax. Unfortunately, as a result, our kids have been to lots of nice beaches, but not done much sightseeing in some of the typical tourist spots in the world.

We always go where it's warm. I guess that's why I wasn't surprised when my son only looked at colleges in the south.

#57419 - 11/24/03 08:01 AM Re: budapest
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
PS, an African safari sounds thrilling. What a great trip to look forward to. Your 20 year old husband mustn't be slowing down too much with this trip coming up. [Wink] There are people with younger husbands who can't get them off the couch! [Eek!]

#57420 - 11/24/03 01:42 AM Re: budapest
midtown girl Offline

I love sandy beaches too (as long as I have books to read). It was really fun going to beaches when I was younger - just laying out and trying to get the best tan possible. Man, have things changed. Now, I feel guilty and stupid if I don't have a 50 spf on. I don't feel very sexy putting thick white goop on my face and neck, but oh... that old coconut oil Hawaian Tropic stuff was great.

#57421 - 11/25/03 08:46 AM Re: budapest
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Hey jawjaw. Sorry it took me a while to respond, but I have been battling a severe cold and infection all last week. Great way to come home from Italy. As far as budapest, I've never been and don't know anyone who has. I have friends who spent a year in Africa working for various NGOs. That is something I wouldn't mind doing for a year. I can tell you that you should wear sweatpants, layers, pack lots of snacks, water, and moist clothes for the long plane trip. Stagnant dry air always gets me on those long flights.

#57422 - 11/25/03 08:47 AM Re: budapest
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Oh and jawjaw, I already told you you can come next year when the business trips are to Philladelphia and Cleveland.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved