The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#96228 - 11/25/06 12:31 PM Puerto Vallarta, Here I Come
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
In a few weeks I will be flying to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, for a week of beach, sun and yes, some beer and margarittas.

Who else takes a winter break? What are you favorite spots? What do you do on a winter get away?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#96229 - 11/25/06 01:15 PM Re: Puerto Vallarta, Here I Come [Re: Anno]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I do, but not a week. We usually take a week in early -mid Nov. for Disney. Then, the first week of January we spend a weekend in hte White Mountains of NH to celebrate our anniversary. 7 years next January for us. This year we will be staying at the New England Inn in Intervale, which is close to Jackson and the North Conway area. I booked a room with a fireplace. N. Conway has tons of outlet stores and many good restaurants besides the skiing and usual winter things. We don't ski. We go for the R&R, eating and SHOPPING! I love the shopping - even when I'm not looking for anything. But, I will hang around the room and read a good book and/or write too.

Louisa

#96230 - 11/25/06 02:13 PM Re: Puerto Vallarta, Here I Come [Re: Louisa]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Ahhh, warm sun! Anno, you lucky girl! I've been to Mexico once in the fall for 5 days. (Mazatlan) Most often though, we go to Palm Springs for a couple of days to warm up. It's just an hour away and I have a friend with a condo, so we don't have to pay full price.

Kathy

#96231 - 11/25/06 02:21 PM Re: Puerto Vallarta, Here I Come [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anno, we were just there in June. It's wonderful. We went with three other families and had a blast. You are gonna love it! Where are you staying?

I don't want to scare you and I feel badly saying this before you go, but I got E.Coli poisoning while I was there. I did not get sick until we got home. I landed in the hospital within three hours of being home. Thank God I was here.

Anyway, I don't say this to scare you. Maybe you should talk to your doc about taking an antibiotic while you are there. I will go back and that's exactly what I would do.

It happened the last night we were there. We ate at this Japanese restaurant and had way too much fun. The food was out of this world. You have your own private chef cook you meal at a station right before your eyes. But you know what? Something wasn't cooked enough. Yikes!

#96232 - 11/25/06 02:53 PM Re: Puerto Vallarta, Here I Come
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Sounds luvuleeeee! Anno, don't forget your wide brimmed sunhat, dark sun glasses and to order a drink on me...tee hee.

We're planning to escape a couple of cold weeks this winter, and fly to Teneriffa. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of my American Boomer Friends never heard of Teneriffa. I never heard of it when I lived in the States. It's one of the Canary Islands between the coast of Africa and Spain. The climate is similar to Hawaii, since it's a volcano island.

Do you go skiing Louisa? I took a break last year from that, but want to give it a try again this year. I ski only when the sun is shinning, no wind, and on soft powder snow…no ice trails for me!

#96233 - 11/25/06 03:04 PM Re: Puerto Vallarta, Here I Come [Re: Edelweiss]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Hannelore, how funny! I'm a "fair weather skiier" as well. We have a ski resort just five minutes away, but it's been so dry this year that there's no snow yet. And it's just now getting cold enough for them to make snow.

#96234 - 11/25/06 05:55 PM Re: Puerto Vallarta, Here I Come [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Dotsie
I go to Mexico every year, so sorry, but you can not scare me!
A few years back, Dennis had a bad meal and the doctor at the hotel clinic gave him a shot. He felt better that night but the next morning he woke up to a swollen fact and neck. He had to go back for another shot and some anti-biotics. He still freaks out when he thinks about how is bum was hanging out there for the lady doctor and lady nurse (and I never told him, for the whole lobby because the curtain was not shut). I was afraid I would never get him back to Mexico, but we have still gone every year since.

We ALWAYS pack lots of medication for all sorts of problems that come up. And I don't care what anyone says, I drink all of my water out of a bottle.

Hannelore, is Tenneriffa where they have that gorgeous tree that only grows there? We are considering adding on a Canary Island to our trip to Spain this coming summer. I heard they are great! Have fun.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#96235 - 11/25/06 06:07 PM Re: Puerto Vallarta, Here I Come [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Anno, Do you mean the Olive tree? I don't know really, this will be our first trip there.

There's so much to see in Spain, that's a trip within itself. The Canary Islands are for the Europeans like the Caribbean Islands for Americans. If you want to see real beauty and culture, then Spain offers you more. If you want to see unbelievable Landscapes, then the main Canary Island is something else.

#96236 - 11/25/06 08:30 PM Re: Puerto Vallarta, Here I Come [Re: Edelweiss]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Not fair, Anno! You're leaving me in The Frozen Tundra while you sunbathe on the beach. Grrr.....

Actually, we're going to AZ next week end so I have nothing to complain about. Hope you have a ball.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#96237 - 11/25/06 10:21 PM Re: Puerto Vallarta, Here I Come [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well the tree isn't the olive tree because they grow here in Vegas like crazy, and cause alot of problems with people that suffer with allergies.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved