The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#57538 - 02/02/04 11:28 PM San Francisco
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
My husband is taking my youngest son and a couple of his friends to San Francisco to do some skateboarding (the kids, not my husband) [Eek!] .

Any ideas or thoughts from people who've been there?

The guys plan on visiting skate spots they've seen in their videos. What other suggestions do you have for a man and four, 15-16 year old boys?

#57539 - 02/04/04 01:35 PM Re: San Francisco
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I was most recently in San Francisco 18 months ago, and I have to say I never once thought about skateboarding. Then, I don't have teenage boys either...but it's a really great city.

I don't think I'm being very helpful. Why did I answer this post, anyhow?

[Roll Eyes] cuz it's 2:35am and my brain is on autopilot??? NOBODY ANSWER THAT [Razz]

#57540 - 02/04/04 05:52 PM Re: San Francisco
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Meredith, you know San Francisco never inspired me to skate board either. I can see my grandsons getting excited about those hills though.

smile

#57541 - 02/04/04 07:01 PM Re: San Francisco
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Meredith, My husband wants to do something other than just watch the guys skate. Any suggestions for things he could drag them to? Are there any studios or funky museums that would interest young guys who skate, film and make videos? Maybe they could hit a Giants game. Hmm, that's an idea. Any others? [Wink]

#57542 - 02/07/04 05:00 AM Re: San Francisco
swimbo56 Offline

Loc: Towson, MD
Dotsie, when are they going? I've only been once but it was a great day! I went skating in Golden Gate Park. They must ride the cable car, go on the "windy" street, Giradelli Square for chocolate, Fisherman's Warf, China Town, and if they can to go over the Golden Gate Bridge and into wine country. Of course a boat ride, especially sailing in the Bay is fun. Yes, a Giants game would be fun if it's summer. It's not too far to Stanford either. They could college hunt at the same time. Even if they wouldn't want to go, they would have something to compare other ones with. I only wish I were going. I went back in the summer of 1979 but I can still remember having a great time and would love to go back anytime.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved