The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 121 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#4850 - 10/17/05 08:53 PM My ex's girlfriend
momintexas Offline

Loc: Victoria, Texas
Hello everyone. This is my first time here and am glad to be here because I really need some advice. My little boy's father comes and goes as he pleases. He and his girlfriend live together and she has a 6 year old daughter. I have reason to believe there is drug use in the home and the girlfriend verbaly abuses her daughter. I obviously do not feel it's healthy that my son is around her but his father does not understand that. My husband and I are currently expecting a child (yeah! [Smile] and the girlfriend has threatened to beat me up many times and has even gone to the extent on one of her drunken nights to go out looking for me. I am at a loss as to what to do. I work in the legal business and know the routes I can take but don't neccasserly want to take my son completely away from his father (even though my husband and my son are very close). I thought about getting a reastraining order against her because I really do feel threatened and I don't know how she is talking to my son but I think you can only get protective orders if it is a family member. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated in this time of need. My son is everything to me and do not want him seeing her abusive behavior to me and to her daughter (and possibly even him). Thanks!

#4851 - 10/17/05 08:57 PM Re: My ex's girlfriend
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Can you get a family clinic and therapist involved? Some kind of mediation between you and your husband so he understands what his lifestyle can and will do to his son?

I would get a restraining order but in truth, sometimes they set off the person who is served and then, they really go off of the deep end!

#4852 - 10/17/05 10:29 PM Re: My ex's girlfriend
Bookie Offline

Loc: Arizona
Sorry MominTexas
To me this is a no brainer and I don't think you would have any problem getting a restraining order.

Even if it meant breaking the law, I would do EVERYTHING possible to not only keep my son away from this woman, and I would allow only supervised visitation with your son's father to make sure he does not subject your son to this dangerous sick woman.

If your Ex-Husband doesn't understand why this is necessary then he does not have his child's best interest at heart.

#4853 - 10/18/05 02:54 AM Re: My ex's girlfriend
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sounds like excellent advice Bookie. What does the now husband think about this situation momintexas? Don't be cavalier about this woman, she sounds more than alittle serious and a whole lot crazy...

#4854 - 10/28/05 07:34 AM Re: My ex's girlfriend
momintexas Offline

Loc: Victoria, Texas
Thank you all so much for your replies. My now husband doesn't really know what to think about the whole situation. His father left he and his mom when he was 10 years old, so his stand is that he does not want to take his Father away from him but does want my son to be safe. He thinks I'm a "drama queen," but I think once he has his own child (which will only be in 5 months, [Smile] he'll understand my feelings a little bit more. My husband thinks I should get Temporary Supervision Orders to see if he'll straighten up any. I just don't want to get the attorney I work for involved so I'm going to have to go to someone else. It really helps to hear you all say some of the same things I was thinking. I don't think I'm a drama queen, I just want my son (and myself and husband) to have a safe, happy, and positive life. Thanks again for your help!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved