The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#54868 - 01/24/06 06:47 AM Another Mine Accident
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
And two more miners die. This seems to be getting worse and worse and I hope someone is doing something to stop these poor mens deaths. Its bad enough they have to work under the dark cold ground in deplorable conditions...These men are heros.

#54869 - 01/24/06 06:58 AM Re: Another Mine Accident
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
chatty,
They are heros . My husband is from West Virginia and his father was a coal miner long time ago . My husbands father got hurt in the mine and had to stop working . He had one toe missing and his face got messed up . I heard a lot of stories of those miners . Good pay , but you take you life in your hands going undergroud , but this is carried down from family to families in some cases . My husband father after he recoved got a job in the local prison as a guard and he loved that job . Old farmer he would talk to anyone and knowone was a stranger.

#54870 - 01/25/06 06:20 PM Re: Another Mine Accident
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I understand the governor of WV is pushing for mine safety regulations. Is it a little too late? I do hope that something good comes out of these tragic accidents.

It is still devastating for the families of those who perished [Frown] , and the community itself.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved