I've been waiting to post this so as not to cover up anyone else's requests. But I think that I really have to pay attention to my inner sense of urgency to bring Jonathan to this group for prayer. You're a powerful circle of prayer here, and Jonathan needs serious healing, today.

Jonathan is my Godson. He's in his early 20's, and I've known him since before he was born. I love him so much, which is why it hurts so much to know that he's seriously suicidal right now. He just got released from hospital, where he's been under suicidal watch for the past 2-3 weeks.

I won't go into all the details, but this boy has had a very sad life, and has struggled with depression since he was about 8 years old. It's amazing and miraculous that he's managed to pull himself this far. But he's finding it almost impossible to move beyond his miserable past...I doubt that he's known much genuine joy in his life and so he probably cannot imagine that it's out there to be found, much less actually possible for himself.

He needs new hope, new courage, new purpose and maybe even a new heart, since his has been shattered over and over again by the circumstances of his young life.

Please keep my beloved Jonathan in your prayers. He lives so far away from me and I'm not able to spend time with him or be of much practical help to him. He lives in a rural, fairly poor area and has very limited access (and no funds whatsoever) to professional help (his GP sees him once a month!) So he needs help and money (preferably a source of income) as well.

For those who have read "Eagle", you might be interested to know that Jonathan was one of the people I wrote it for. He was always in the back of my mind. I sent him a copy, but his mother, who I also love and admire for raising four children on her own in dire poverty, pretty much ended up "hitting him over the head" with my book, using it to try and make him "snap out of it" and "pull his socks up". Needless to say, my book didn't have the tender impression that I always meant it to have, especially for him.

Anyway, long-winded again, but I know what an incredible power house of prayer we are here, so I commit Jonathan to God through your awesome prayers! Thank you!

[ November 14, 2005, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]