The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#159356 - 09/09/08 10:56 PM Request for many prayers for my son-in-lsw
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
HI!

Please pray for my son-in-law who is going into exploratory surgery tomorrow..your eastern time at 11:45am. The doctor suspects and thinks he has lymphoma. They are going to examine his largest lump to make a definitive diagnosis. Apparently there has been some medical negligence along the way..a doctor who did not send him for tests aleady in June of this year. So his lumps have spread and his blood tests indicate this cancer.

Your prayers could mean so much for his situation. He has my daughter, his wife..and a lovely 10 yr old girl..my granddaughter. And they have a cute dog, called Toby.

Please pray for them for the results that perhaps could be found to be better than they look right now..and for the courage that this little family may need so badly in the coming month´s..years.

Pray! Pray! with me..if you can and want to. Thank you so much for everything cool He´s only 41 yrs old.

Anyone who has experience of this kind of cancer will be most appreciated to write their story or those of others.

Thank you! blush

#159358 - 09/09/08 10:59 PM Re: Request for many prayers for my son-in-lsw [Re: humlan]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
You have all my prayers, Humlan. Wishing you the very, very best.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#159360 - 09/09/08 11:02 PM Re: Request for many prayers for my son-in-lsw [Re: Anno]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I'm continuing to keep him and family in prayer, Humlan...keep us posted.

(Maya Angelou)

#159374 - 09/10/08 12:12 AM Re: Request for many prayers for my son-in-lsw [Re: Eagle Heart]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hi Humlan

My deepest sympathies and prayers to you and your family. I will keep all of you in circle of Light.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#159376 - 09/10/08 12:15 AM Re: Request for many prayers for my son-in-lsw [Re: Mama Red]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
You have mine as well. I will expand later on lymphoma, but take heart! Modern medicines has come a long way in this field.

Holding you close, JJ

#159388 - 09/10/08 08:00 AM Re: Request for many prayers for my son-in-lsw [Re: jawjaw]
Mountain Ash Offline

Humlan
I will pray and take heart that medicine will now help by working on your son in laws behalf..
Mountain ash

#159406 - 09/10/08 02:29 PM Re: Request for many prayers for my son-in-lsw [Re: Mountain Ash]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Hello Humlan. So sorry to hear about what your family is going through. Please let us know the outcome of his tests. Your family and SIL are in my nightly prayers.

How is your son doing in America? I read a post on that somewhere.

Edelweiss

#159426 - 09/10/08 05:20 PM Re: Request for many prayers for my son-in-lsw [Re: Edelweiss2]
humlan Offline

Thank you so much my dear friends.I sooo appreciate your thoughts and prayers!!! So very very much! smile

My SIL should have had surgery today to determine whether he has cancer and if so..what kind. But the doctor had to do an emergency surgery..so his has been put off until tomorrow. How hard it must be on my SIL who had mustered up all his energy and focus on today!

His doctor is fairly certain that it is lymphoma. So this surgery was to be some sort of confirmation. They were to take samples of the largest lump and do all the necessary tests on it.

I, myself, have had the wind knocked out of me as I had gotten ready to send him all the health and strength vibs that I could..and then he writes on MSN that it´s been postponed. UGH!

JJ..please do expound on what you know about lymphoma and any one else that may know something..everything is appreciated. I know there is a site on the net about it..but I am not ready to read it yet.

Thank you!

#159430 - 09/10/08 05:29 PM Re: Request for many prayers for my son-in-lsw [Re: Edelweiss2]
humlan Offline

Hi E!!

My son, in the US,is doing very well and enjoying his time there. He has started scuba diving..which is offered by his college..and just loves it.

He has also met a girl..so what more is there to say??? whistle

But he still has problems with hanging up when we´ve been talking..so he still misses us here very much. And, I can´t help being relieved and happy about that!

I was sitting with my girl grandchild, who is 9yrs old..listening to Enya, who´s music has special meaning for our family..and I started to miss my son so badly..so we called him and talked for ages.. cry It was lovely..felt as tho he was there with us for awhile. My grandkids miss their uncle an awful awful lot,too.

Are you back from the States? When were you there last..before this trip?

HUGS! smile

#159441 - 09/10/08 07:12 PM Re: Request for many prayers for my son-in-lsw [Re: humlan]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Humlan,
I'm so pleased that you are doing so well with your son in the States!
Where is he, hon?
I'm sure he'll be fine.
It says much about you as a mother that he has trouble getting off the phone. You must be close. That is a wonderful thing.
He may get wrapped up here in the States with our strange capitalistic society and the many trends that hit this country like waves, but that is says nothing about you.
America is easy to get attached to with so many choices. Too many, in my own opinion.
I wish him the very best of luck and this American offers her services wherever they are needed and whenever.
Love ya,
Dancer

"Question your privilege"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved