The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#50004 - 09/29/05 10:59 PM Daisygirl's Cousin
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Daisygirl just posted this over in another forum. I thought it should be here as well.

From Daisygirl: I just received horrible news. My cousin and her husband, who live in small town, OH were shot early this morning. They own and live above a funeral home. I am so shocked and can't imagine who would want to harm them. The husband was shot in the face and I'm not sure about my cousin. They were careflighted to a hospital in Columbus. I'm waiting to hear what their conditions are.

Daisygirl

P.S. It seems surreal since we have been discussing how bad things have gotten in the world.

#50005 - 10/05/05 04:03 AM Re: Daisygirl's Cousin
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dear Daisygirl: I pray your cousin and her husband are out of danger. It's a crazy world we live in. We never know what's around the corner.
Hopefully, who ever did that will be brought to justice. Trust in the Lord helps us keep our sanity in such a violent world.

#50006 - 10/05/05 04:10 AM Re: Daisygirl's Cousin
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Songbird, I'm not sure if you saw this on another thread, but both my cousin and her husband are going to be okay, at least physically. She was shot several times and has 2 bullets they had to leave in because they were too close to her spine to remove. Her husband lost an eye.

We tend to overlook the violence until it happens in your family. I've been locking my doors more often.

Thank you for your prayers,
Daisygirl

#50007 - 10/05/05 05:07 PM Re: Daisygirl's Cousin
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Daisygirl:
Glad to learn they'll be ok, despite their injuries.
I agree, we've become accustomed to reading and listening to violence reports and we tend to reject the thought that we too may become victims of violence... until it hits home.

God bless you and yours!

#50008 - 10/06/05 06:35 PM Re: Daisygirl's Cousin
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
quote:
Originally posted by Daisygirl:
We tend to overlook the violence until it happens in your family. I've been locking my doors more often.

Thank you for your prayers,
Daisygirl

This is so true. When something touches home it becomes REAL!

I will lift them in prayer. Post Traumatic Stress after these events can be very hard. I pray they will get beyond this quickly.

#50009 - 10/06/05 08:18 PM Re: Daisygirl's Cousin
Debra Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Daisygirl---how sad! But I'm so glad they will be ok. There is way too much violence in this world---praying for peace.

#50010 - 10/06/05 11:58 PM Re: Daisygirl's Cousin
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Daisygirl,
Violance is so scary but when it hits close to our hearts it's really bad- I hope they will be ok emotionally as well as phsically as that is often the hardest part of recovering

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved