The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#214780 - 09/23/11 10:02 PM God Loves You
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
God Loves You - Romans 5:8

"God demonstrated his love towards us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#214787 - 09/25/11 07:12 PM Re: God Loves You [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Psalm 33: 17-22

The Lord hears His people when they call to Him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those who are crushed in spirit. The righteous face many troubles, but the Lord rescues them from each and every one. For the Lord protects them from harm--not one of their bones will be broken. Calamity will surely overtake the wicked, and those who hate the righteous will be punished. But the Lord will redeem those who serve Him. Everyone who trusts in Him will be freely pardoned.

#214833 - 09/28/11 02:46 PM Re: God Loves You [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Folks I don't understand when The Bible specifically says God answers prayer and God will protect those who love and believe in Him, and when people live an uprighteously good life, life still hits the pits. Don't get it. Never will. Another sweet, wonderful, beautiful person I know, died last night. And I'm not handling it like I wish I could. I think I have a strong faith until something flattens me. Then I feel so weak. Does this happen to the rest of you? sick

#214840 - 09/28/11 09:09 PM Re: God Loves You [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Since nobody jumped on this questions, I assume it does.

#214841 - 09/28/11 09:21 PM Re: God Loves You [Re: jabber]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I don't have an answer for you, jabber. I just know that over the years, I have become much more positive in my outlook and have stopped wondering 'why me' when things go wrong. I am grateful for every day I have in this life and for all the people in it. I also look at the positive side of 'bad' things because I truly believe that focusing on the negative attracts more negatives while focusing on the positive attracts more positives. This was a difficult concept for me to master, but for me the trick was to stop hoping bad things don't happen, because that is a negative focus. Instead, I visualize only the good things. There are still times when I find myself saying 'I don't want' whatever and I have to stop myself and change the focus to what I DO want.

I don't know if this makes sense to you, jabber. I know it isn't something I was able to grasp right away.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#214843 - 09/28/11 11:04 PM Re: God Loves You [Re: yonuh]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Quote:
I also look at the positive side of 'bad' things because I truly believe that focusing on the negative attracts more negatives while focusing on the positive attracts more positives. This was a difficult concept for me to master, but for me the trick was to stop hoping bad things don't happen, because that is a negative focus. Instead, I visualize only the good things.

Excellent advice, Yonuh. I too have come to strongly believe in the power of positive thinking/focus. And that is a far cry from where I began as a young woman. Back then I was all "doom and gloom" and looking for the negative in everything that happened. In fact, I took delight in it.

So glad I have changed my focus and become stronger in my faith!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214844 - 09/29/11 01:10 AM Re: God Loves You [Re: Anne Holmes]
Ellemm Offline

Jabber, I have never understood God to be a granter of requests. Rather, that his love and grace would sustain people through the darkest times and that the faithful would be happy with him in heaven. I don't think that 'the righteous will face many troubles but the Lord will rescue them' means that our monetary or physical troubles will disappear. The faithful will be comforted by God's love. We will all die. We will all have troubles.

Christians are supposed to be God's soldiers and soldiers will be tested in battle. You know, if believers had perfect lives there wouldn't be much need for heaven, and Jesus said that his Kingdom was not of this earth.

I know it is terribly painful and confusing when good people suffer, but I thought we were supposed to, as others have said, concentrate on God's love. I'll readily admit that often this doesn't make sense: we want things to seem logical and they don't.

I am reminded of the story of the footprints in the sand with the person walking side by side with god, then asking why there was only one set during the person's darkest times. God's reply: "those were the times I carried you." I know it's just a story, but it's a good way to illustrate what we're supposed to remember. At least that's how I take it. Much comfort in the loss of your friend; it's never easy.

#214845 - 09/29/11 01:21 PM Re: God Loves You [Re: Ellemm]
jabber Offline

yonuh, Anne, and Ellemm,
Thank you so much for the kind, wise words. I know these things and still fall into the pits now and again. I practice positive thinking, mostly. I do believe in God. And I know His actions aren't always understood by the human mind; trick is to "trust God completely" and accept His Will in our lives. As God is my witness, [I'm trying.] Patti was getting better when I left for vacation. I was shocked to hear of her death, to say the least. And in the stunned state human thought processes don't always work as they should. I've been focusing on Norman Vincent Peale's Positive Thinking ideas for decades. And I'll get myself back on track! Prayers and blessings....You ladies are great!!!!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved