The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#95856 - 11/21/06 09:06 PM Pollyanna
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
As I was raking and bagging leaves and pine needles today, and complaining in my head about how large my yard is, I remembered Pollyanna. I loved that book/movie when I was a kid and have tried to look on the bright side of things ever since. (Doesn't always work though)

So the purpose of this thread is to tell us something that you're unhappy about - family, work, chores, etc - and then tell us the good side to it. Yes, there is always a good side.... sometimes it's just harder to see.

Example: I have so many leaves and pine needles to rake today, and I have to clean the house tomorrow for Thanksgiving.

The bright side? I am thankful that I'm physically able to do all this work, and that I have a home to share with everyone coming on Thursday.

Next?

#95857 - 11/21/06 09:25 PM Re: Pollyanna [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
My knee aches and I still have a limp, but I can walk and drive!

Great idea.

In all things, give thanks!

#95858 - 11/21/06 09:26 PM Re: Pollyanna
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oh, and the nightgown arrived, along with the other items. THANKS!

#95859 - 11/22/06 01:06 AM Re: Pollyanna
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
My days are so busy with work that I don't have time to watch reruns of "Dallas." However, Mom does...and at night I call her and she fills me in on what happened. It's fun for her to give me the details in her "story-telling" excited voice and we LOVE sharing all the gossip about what's going on with JR. Yes, it's an old show, and yes, we've seen it before, eons ago...but it's new to us because we can't remember what we had for lunch yesterday, much less what happened 20 years ago. HA! So, Mom has fun telling, and I have fun SHARING with Mom.

#95860 - 11/22/06 09:40 AM Re: Pollyanna [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sounds simply delightful JJ...Hey Dotsie so your up and about, fantastic....I agree with you Kathy, no fun being unable to do whatever we want to do....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#95861 - 11/22/06 11:22 PM Re: Pollyanna [Re: chatty lady]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
What a wonderful thread. As I was reading it, I was also listening to Katie Couric talking about gratitude and how psychologists have found out that gratitude is the biggest determiner of having a happy life.

Each day, I begin my day by writing an email buddy my celebrations and gratitudes. It has made such a wonderful difference in my life.

This week I found out that my mother has alzheimers. I am so grateful that she has been diagnosed and will now receive some great care. I am in celebration, that my father (a member of the stoic generation) is joining a Alz support group. I am proud to be their daughter and look forward to finding new ways to love and honor them as life changes.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#95862 - 11/23/06 12:59 AM Re: Pollyanna [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Anno, what a great idea to swap gratitudes and celebrations. I am proud of you for looking for the good in your parent's situation. It amkes all the difference in the world.

I almost always begin my journal with, Dear God, Thank you for another day. Thank you for the health and safety of my family and friends. And then I go on and on with other praises, the ask forgiveness, then lift others in prayer, and seek personal guidance. I also journal MORE YOU, less me. Another prayer I journal is my version of the Prayer of Jabez:

Bless us indeed
Increase our territory
Keep your hand on us
Keep us from evil.

I pray this for my family. That's why I write our and us instead of my and my.

#95863 - 12/21/06 01:13 PM Re: Pollyanna
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
The "glad game" is my favoritist game ever!

I'm totally snowed in, but I'm glad I have my computer so I can be connected to the world.

I am a newly "liberated" woman, and I'm glad that I get a "do over" for the 2nd half of my life.

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#95864 - 12/21/06 03:15 PM Re: Pollyanna [Re: Danita]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
...and we're glad to have you back!!

Great pic too, Danita...

Kathy

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved