The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#220424 - 09/04/14 07:23 PM Joan Rivers Dies
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Joan Rivers has died at age 81. While she is not technically a Baby Boomer, she was certainly a trailblazer. One of the first working women I knew of as a young girl. Especially at a time when few women were represented in the world of comedy. I loved her famous line, "Can we talk"

The world will miss her, no matter how we might have come to feel about shows like "Fashion Police," and critiquing celebs outfits at big events. A lot of people watched these shows she did with her daughter Melissa, though I wasn't one of them.

One thing I learned from Joan Rivers: her work ethic. Essentially she was working until she died.

I believe I have heard that with her husband managing their finances, they essentially went bankrupt. So while she might have thought she'd worked enough and could now retire, it wasn't that way. Once he died, she got out and started working to pay back the debt and have money to live on, and she never looked back. Nor did I ever hear her say anything against him or act like she felt sorry for herself.

(Listen to me: I'm speaking AS IF I knew her personally, which I certainly did not.)

Here's a link to more about her life: Comedy Legend and TV Host Dies
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#220425 - 09/05/14 02:51 PM Re: Joan Rivers Dies [Re: Anne Holmes]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
she was, in my opinion, a typical East Coast gal who spoke her mind. I loved that about her!

#220430 - 09/06/14 09:58 PM Re: Joan Rivers Dies [Re: Di]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Sorry she died. I really enjoyed watching her entertain.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved