The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 140 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#45060 - 06/23/04 08:33 PM too funny not to share
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I received this from cahtty:

Dear Tide:

I am writing to say what an excellent product you have! I have used it since the beginning of my married life, when my Mom told me it was the
best. Now that I am older and going through menopause, I find it even better!

In fact, about a month ago I spilled some red wine on my new white blouse. My unfeeling and uncaring husband started to berate me about how
clumsy I was and generally started to become a pain in the neck. One thing led to another and I ended up with a lot of his blood on my white blouse.

I tried to get the stain out by using a bargain detergent, but it just wouldn't come out. After a quick trip to the supermarket, I purchased a bottle of Liquid Tide With Bleach Alternative. To my surprise and satisfaction,
all of the stains came out!

In fact, the stains came out so well that the detectives came by yesterday and told me that the DNA tests on my blouse were negative.

Then my attorney called and said that I would no longer be considered a suspect in the disappearance of my husband.

It was quite a relief!

I thank you, once again, for having such a great product. Well, gotta go. I have to write a letter to the Hefty Bag people.

Signed, A Relieved Menopausal Wife

#45061 - 06/23/04 11:30 PM Re: too funny not to share
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Excellent! Sounds a bit like the
Stepford Wives...

Very cute!

[ June 23, 2004, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Toni ]

#45062 - 06/23/04 11:33 PM Re: too funny not to share
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
That is TOTALLY hilarious and really made my day!

[Razz] [Razz]

#45063 - 06/24/04 06:12 AM Re: too funny not to share
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Too funny!! Thanks for sharing.

Donna
www.devotionalsbydonna.blogspot.com

#45064 - 06/25/04 12:09 AM Re: too funny not to share
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My daughter Brandilyn, who was 28 at the time, made plans to meet her girlfriend in Boston for a great week end of partying and sight seeing. They were walking down a cobbled street when her friend, Tesh, twisted her ankle while trying to walk in her new platform shoes. So, they return to their hotel room and both of Tesh's ankles begin to swell but she refuses to let Brandilyn take her to the emergency room because she just changed jobs and doesn't have any insurance yet. So, all night long Tesh moans and wakes up Brandilyn to ask for aspirin (the only thing they had for pain) and Brandilyn, in her compassionate way, is getting upset because Tesh is keeping her awake. They decide to both return home the next day and Tesh is going to drive her car all the way home...300 miles with her ankles swollen like balloons and increasing pain and bruising. Brandilyn catches a cab to the airport.

When Tesh returned home, after driving a car that is a four speed so she has to use the clutch and gas, her boyfriend forces her to go to the hospital. Both of her ankles were broken!

I can't imagine the pain she experienced but they can actually laugh about it today. I'm not sure I could. [Frown]

#45065 - 06/25/04 04:50 AM Re: too funny not to share
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh Dianne, poor Tesh. I can understand her pain and no one understanding her not knowing they were broken. Two years ago I stepped out onto my back wooden deck during the third day of a rain storm. T went through the top step and landed hard on my feetrr. I was alone so crawled up the steps into my kitchen and just sat there a minute until I managed to get up. I took a shower as my feet turned into boats. I put on some pain medication and took Tylenol. My friend came over and he immediately iced and rubbed them. I had a walker from when my sister with MS lived with me and managed to move around alittle. Three days later, still in alot of pain my son made me go to the emergency room....I was examined and x-rayed.....This young doctor walked in and told my son "I would hate to ever make this lady mad, she must be tough as nails, both ankles are broken, one in two places." If my son wouldn't have forced me heaven only knows what damage I could have done....My one ankle still swells from time to time. Only broken bones I've ever had. How about you ladies?

#45066 - 06/25/04 05:30 AM Re: too funny not to share
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Chatty, your post reminded me of when I was a student nurse in the ER a million years ago. A man had a wreck on a country road and walked several miles to the ER with his leg bone sticking out of his boot dripping blood.

I would hate to make either you or him mad.
smile

#45067 - 06/26/04 02:05 AM Re: too funny not to share
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Land-a-gotion that poor man. I don't know about him but I am not fast to anger but am fast to forgive. I hate being angry and think I suffer more than the person whos made me angry. Its so much nicer to smile AND I read an article that anger creates cortison in the body of the angry person and that causes FAT around the middle. Lord, is there nothing that doesn't cause fat? [Confused]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved