The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 187 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#44835 - 11/11/02 10:26 PM Pets
Lasikboomer Offline

Loc: Baltimore
It's amazing how therapeutic pets can be. We have a 90 pound black lab who is the greatest dog in the world. (I know some of you think you have the greatest dog in the world but you're wrong!!)
I have many stories about my lab but for now I'll just share this one. When I come in the door, my lab gives me a big welcome......he is so excited to see me. The kids don't greet me like they use to, so it's nice to have someone or rather something make you feel so welcome. One day I came in the house and my lab was right there and very happy to see me. No one else seemed to be around. As I was petting my dog, I said, "How's my big boy?" And my husband responded from the kitchen.."You used to ask me that!"

#44836 - 11/19/02 08:22 AM Re: Pets
nillawafer Offline

Loc: new orleans
that is okay lasik... just remind hubby that no matter what..you can guarantee at least one difference, take it from me (the owner of a lab for 13 years) will remain between your dog and him. when he dies you will promise not to bury him in the backyard.. your husband i mean. maybe even that is not true.. my lab is cremated and has his own urn with his collar in it and stays with my mother-in-law in the living room. what a morbid collection huh?

#44837 - 11/20/02 04:45 AM Re: Pets
Micki Offline

Loc: Linthicum, MD
Please don't think this is weird or anything, but I have my dear departed hubby in a wooden box in the closet!! (I know where he is ALL the time, of course!!) Anyway, I used to have him on the end table, but the kids and dogs were always getting a bit too close for comfort and knocking the box around, so I moved him to a more appropriate location!

And, I have the 5 most intelligent, funniest and beautiful Chesapeake Bay retrievers in the universe!!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved