Posted by unique in response to Jade who came seeking advice about breaking up:

Jade, some guys are all take and no give; others give when they feel like it or when it's convenient. Having just gotten (but not completely gotten)out of a situation like yours--I'll tell you this. If and when you dump this guy, you'll finally be able to BREATHE. And the wonder of it will be that you didn't even realize you were holding your breath. I was with a man for almost 10 years; it darn near killed me. You could count the Christmas gifts he gave me on one hand and have fingers left over. It seems like the philosophy of these guys is, "What's in it for me, and the heck with you." Check out this website www.narcissisticabuse.com/characteristics. If your fellow matches the majority of these characteritics---RUN!! If he doesn't, as these ladies will tell you, and I agree, how well do you want to be treated, and don't you think you deserve better than that? If you aren't living together it will be easier. Just say goodbye. If you do, somebody will have to leave and it might end up being you. Come back for a refill anytime. There are others here that can help you out as well.

Posted by chatty also in response to Jade

Jade, ask yourself this question. If God appeared to you one night and said, "Jade you will be dead in 30 days. I want you to find happiness in those last 30 days on this earth." Would you waste your time on this sad sack and his problems OR find things that bring your life meaning and joy? Just a thought. None of us ever knows how much time we have left, do we?

The funniest post has to go to the queen. For some reason I roared at this post. It's one of those where she sneaks in, drops the bomb, runs, and acts so innocent. It was under the topic, Women Dating In Their 50's.

Let's see....she's built like something out of Hollywood, men flock to her, she's modest...oh yeah, I know my heart bleeds for her. She's probably rich too, am I right?

Well, that ain't nothing. I've been told I look like something out of Hollywood too.

Who IS Godzilla? Must be one of those foreign actresses...right?

Well ladies, this is the last time I'm doing this kind of contest. It was sooo hard to choose. I kept changing my mind because there were so many funny posts, and posts sharing excellent advice. Way too many. I'll post the next contest tomorrow.