The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 163 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#195297 - 12/07/09 01:22 PM Best Christmas Light Extravaganza
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I thought it might be fun for us to post either photos, or links to extraordinary Christmas lights on homes, museums, zoos, etc. This way we can see what goes on in one another's hometowns.

Here's a link to Baltimore's greatest effort by one block of neighbors in the city. I'm going to see it for the umpteenth time Wednesday night with my girlfriends, after getting a bite to eat at Cafe Hon.

http://www.christmasstreet.com/
Note the Web address!

And here's where we're eating:

http://www.cafehon.com/

Make sure you check out the pitcher gall'ry, hon!
http://cafehon.com/hon/photos

#195358 - 12/07/09 09:57 PM Re: Best Christmas Light Extravaganza [Re: Dotsie]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
OOOOOO I LOVE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!!!!!!!! smile smile smile

And last year while visiting my daughter and family in the US..they took me and my 2 grandchildren from Sweden, that I had with me, to see this house that was known for it´s abundance of Christmas Lights. The cars were lined up to see this place....And it was like a fairy land with sooo many things to look at. I just LOVED it!!! It was like lit up play area/park smile smile And grandma had some fun there grin

There are lights here in Sweden,too..to light up the darkness which is loooong each day. And they ARE getting more numerous and more colorful..so I have tough time keeping on the road here,too..looking at all the decorations. But it´s still nothing compared to the US. Gosh, Dotsie..wish I could be there with you. Next time, girl..I won´t let you down!!! But it really was CRAZY last year smile

PS. Just checked out your links. OOOOO YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE FUN!!!!!!

Edited by humlan (12/07/09 10:01 PM)

#195382 - 12/08/09 02:18 AM Re: Best Christmas Light Extravaganza [Re: humlan]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

humlan, wish you were here too. Do you know if there's a site for the house you saw in Philly?

#195383 - 12/08/09 02:21 AM Re: Best Christmas Light Extravaganza [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The new lights they are selling now, LED lights, are so much brighter and beautiful... I am going to see one of the largest displays in our city tomorrow night at Sunset Park.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#195425 - 12/08/09 06:39 PM Re: Best Christmas Light Extravaganza [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Is there a link to that park?

#195877 - 12/14/09 07:42 PM Re: Best Christmas Light Extravaganza [Re: Dotsie]
humlan Offline

I´ll check it out with my daughter who lives near by there. It would be fun to post it here..will get back to you.
smile

#195880 - 12/14/09 07:45 PM Re: Best Christmas Light Extravaganza [Re: humlan]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks humlan! So glad to be hearing your voice with regularity these days.

#195891 - 12/14/09 11:22 PM Re: Best Christmas Light Extravaganza [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well I finally made it to Sunset Park last night to see the cities largest Christmas lights display, and it was gigantic and fantastic. I felt like a kid again from the excitement. I even stopped for hot cocoa and cookies along the drive through the park.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#196505 - 12/24/09 04:16 AM Re: Best Christmas Light Extravaganza [Re: chatty lady]
humlan Offline

I hope that we can get some fotos up here. I love Christmas Lights! I am trying to send one with Dotsies help..but it just isn+t working frown

It´s on my facebook site..if you care to see it.

#196521 - 12/24/09 09:37 PM Re: Best Christmas Light Extravaganza [Re: humlan]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Sorry about that humlan. I still couldn't find in on Facebook.

chatty,glad you enjoyed it. I understand what you mean about feeling like a kid again. We will ride around one night between Christmas and New Year's and look at lights in different neighborhoods. It's one of my favorite things to do this season. It's so neat because every single home is different.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved