The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#44430 - 12/02/05 01:01 AM Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Just 24 more days until Christmas....whahoo!

#44431 - 12/03/05 12:24 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
I'm not Santa but to me good is when there's no blood drawn.

:>)

#44432 - 12/03/05 01:28 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Twenty three more days until Christmas, jump in ladies to do the countdown. Everyone do one okay?

#44433 - 12/03/05 02:03 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I am so excited this year. My sister is coming to town for Christmas and she hasn't been home for Christmas in eons. This is a great year for this because Nana was always a very big part of our Christmas day and since she is celebrating in heaven this year, my sister's visit will give us another focus. All things work for good!

I have begun shopping. I have stuff shoved in lcosets and drawers. I've also started decorating, but have some much more to do. I'm doing bits each day.

Woo-hoo. Sprinkling Christmas cheer all around the forums!

#44434 - 12/03/05 02:04 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
There is good in everyone... Santa knows it and that's why he is so busy!

#44435 - 12/04/05 08:16 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Dots, I am doing my Christimas in spurts too. Just don't have the extra energy to do it all in one day anymore... but we're looking forward to a visit with our kids from Germany. They'll be at our house on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. I'm excited about that! Craig and Amy won't be able to come home from San Diego, they can't afford it. So the one year when I thought I might get all my grandkids together for a picture, again it won't happen, but I'm happy for what I will have.

Sherri

#44436 - 12/04/05 12:10 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
My kids have decided they want to be home for Christmas this year. We gave the choice of having us come to them instead. They want to be with Chuck's mother, who is 91. She's absolutely thrilled.

I will be doing a bit more to prepare for the holidays than I have in a while and am keeping my fingers crossed that nobody will be in the hospital this year. I didn't realize how badly last year's lost holiday season effected all of us.

We also just found out that our neice will be home from Chicago. Chuck's whole family is thrilled that we'll be there, too, so we made the right decision.

Time for me to get busy!

#44437 - 12/04/05 12:39 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Well...I cried thru Thanksgiving...I'll probably cry thru Christmas.

My daughter and son-in-law-to-be will be moving to Texas next year. Taking my grandson and my new grand-daughter, with them.
To-be-, has applied and been accepted to the Border Patrol.

Heard talk of the two of them getting married this month...but, he forgot her birthday on the 22 of Nov. and the date was put off. [Eek!]

They have only been together 8 years. [Confused]

We will be celebrating here at home...maybe next year we can all travel to Texas.
Might even move myself.

#44438 - 12/04/05 01:37 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Brenda, every Christmas for the past four years I've had to hide away and have myself a little cry. I'm still not used to the "new Christmas", i.e., Christmas without my Mom and Dad. Actually, with the family dynamics constantly changing these days, we seem to have a "new Christmas" every year now! I never quite know from one year to the next what old (cherished) Mom-traditions are going to be left out to make way for new blended-family-traditions. It's a bit of a tear-jerker at times during the day, probably because I put a lot of stress on myself trying to make sure everyone has the "perfect" Christmas, while missing mine. I have to learn to go with the flow, because this is simply how it is now.

I do keep a few "sacred cows", like insisting on my turkey dinner every other year and keeping the nativity scenes front and centre...but I've had to let other preferences go in order to allow for those changing dynamics, or it wouldn't be the day and family celebration we want it to be.

#44439 - 12/04/05 01:37 AM Re: Christmas countdown....
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
BTW, 22 days til Christmas!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved