The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 145 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#44407 - 11/26/05 02:14 AM One more holiday bites the dust..
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My goodness talk about eat, my belly feels and looks like I swallowed a balloon, while still inflated...The company was enjoyable, the food was unbelievable if I say so myself and now I have to diet, diet, diet and then it'll be Christmas, and it all happens again...geesh! So did everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving?

[ November 25, 2005, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#44408 - 11/26/05 02:24 AM Re: One more holiday bites the dust..
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
I sure did Chatty - thanks for asking! Sounds like we are both suffering from "It-was-in-front-of-me-so-I-had-to-eat-it" disease OR, if you prefer, post-turkey stress syndrome. I do this every year and swear I'll NOT do it the next - but it's fun to eat good food, enjoy good company, and look forward to the NEXT major eating opportunity to come our way! [Wink] [Wink]

#44409 - 11/26/05 03:29 AM Re: One more holiday bites the dust..
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi everyone,

Glad to know you all made it through!

We had two single women for guests, along with our family of four. I kept it simple - which makes it low stress for me.

I had DH in charge of the two teens to clean the house before the guests came, while I did duty in the kitchen.

Honestly, everything besides the gobbler and the garlic mashed potatoes (thanks TV) were out of a package...but you would not have known it.

Schwans makes the best frozen sweet potatoes and pies, Tastefully simple the best beer bread, Mrs Smith makes the best Apple pie, and thanks to another boomer, Pepperdge farm made great stuffing. (add the traditional bean casserole also!)

No pain -- but lots of gain! Love it!

Started on my christmas cards today - I boycott the "after thanksgiving sales"...they are against my religion! (LOL)...so commercial!

hugs to ya all! (off to eat pie)

D.

#44410 - 11/26/05 07:44 AM Re: One more holiday bites the dust..
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Danita,

Hurray for you!!! simple is best, I'm sure. Because you should see me on Thanksgiving Day Past - you know the commercial where the mom comes out with all the flour on her face? That would be me. Only she was faking it and I'm not. Pots and pans to the ceiling, ingredients everywhere, great food, but greater mess. All who attend politely disappear after....Too scarey to go into the kitchen!!!! How was that pie?

Search

#44411 - 11/26/05 07:56 AM Re: One more holiday bites the dust..
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
The pie tasted like home-made.

I was able to keep the kitchen cleaned as I prepared the meal, and dinner dishes went into the dishwasher right after the meal.

The house was still clean, stomachs full, nobody for the wiser.

Yahhhhhhhh!

Did you post about your holiday somewhere searcher?

hugs,
danita

#44412 - 11/26/05 10:53 PM Re: One more holiday bites the dust..
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sounds like a great Thanksgiving was had by all.

I love to cook as long as I am not rushed. That's key! I began the day before and took my time. Also had hubby in charge of a couple dishes. He always makes the broc/cheese casserole and the pumpkin bread pudding with homemade caramel sauce...to die for. If anyone wants it I'll post the recipe in the Recipe forum.

We had a relaxing morning without the usual running around to get to the local high school football game. TRADITION. We broke tradition and all watched it on TV. It made for a much more relaxing day.

#44413 - 11/27/05 01:04 AM Re: One more holiday bites the dust..
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
We had a nice quiet one with just us 4. Sent the leftovers home with my son and I am happy to say that my fridge was fixed the next day. (took the guy all of 10 minutes)
Watched the Macy's parade so we could see NY.
Ate too much and fell asleep on the couch afterwards.

#44414 - 11/27/05 01:43 AM Re: One more holiday bites the dust..
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Hi Everyone,Happy you all had a good Holiday...like you Dots, I broke with a few traditions this year as well..we spent Thanksgiving down the shore so no football games to run to..just watched a few on tv...3 of my 4 kids were with us...my oldest girl is in WA state with her hubby but will be spending Christmas back east with us..yay!!My son brought his buddy Brent (an orphan)so we had a relaxing day...the dinner was outstanding..and like you Danita I am doing my best to finish the pie...back to my treadmill on Monday...so I can eat more over Christmas!!..What Fun!!

#44415 - 11/27/05 09:53 PM Re: One more holiday bites the dust..
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
As always, my Mom outdid herself on Thanksgiving, and everyone ate more than they should have. We had a wonderful family visit with my brother and his clan from CA. The only sad thing was that my husband woke up with a fever, so had to stay home. This happens quite often since his last illness, and I've learned to deal with it. But this time I didn't do so well.

Last night we had a really great family dinner, just the four of us. I baked a pumpkin pie, since that's one thing my mother never bakes. It was a new recipe and really tasted great.

My kids are heading back to NY sometime today. It's going to be very quiet here again. No6t necessarily such a bad thing.

#44416 - 11/28/05 01:38 AM Re: One more holiday bites the dust..
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Jackie, just hugged and kissed my son goodbye too. With tears in my eyes, I said to my hubby, "this time next year we may be kissing all three of them and sending them back to school." I think I'm preparing myself for this, but time will tell!

Avalon, tell us more about Brent...if you don't mind.

TVC, do you miss NY?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved