I just celebrated my first year anniversary as a writer. I officially started in January 2003 when, on a whim, I turned an article in to a magazine. They liked it and published it. Now I realize how blessed I was! [Smile]

I've had a wonderful time this past year. I've met so many great people, and have had a few things published, too!

I do want to glorify God - whatever I write - but in the children's genre, I have so much fun with every day topics. I have a poem coming out next month about a kid who doesn't want to brush his teeth. I'll post the link when it's up.

I write something, let it rest (if there's time) and then I print it out, take it down to the family room, and tear it apart, and put it back together again. Rarely are my thoughts linear enough to make sense, so I have to do that. I love doing that! The exception is when the Lord gives me something to write - then my thoughts have clarity and purpose. But most of the time, there's a lot of editing going on! It's like putting a puzzle together.

Of course, I'm sure everyone agrees that rejection is the least favorite part of writing for publication.

How long have you been writing? And what is your favorite part of writing?

Donna