The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 105 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#38270 - 08/24/04 09:04 PM Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
Prill Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Just wanted to announce the recent publication of my first book: Defying Gravity: A Celebration of Late-Blooming Women. In it, I tell the stories of 12 "ordinary" women who've done extraordinary and unexpected things later in life. These women didn't just change tracks; they truly came into their own. Since I'd never written anything before, I also weave in between their stories my own story of meeting these women, mustering up the courage to write, finding an agent and publisher, and what I learned in the process. Check out my website for details: www.prillboyle.com. You can order the book on Amazon.com or purchase it at Borders, Barnes & Noble, Wal-Mart, etc. If you're a budding writer or late-bloomer who needs advice or encouragement, feel free to e-mail me directly through my website. I try and answer every letter.

#38271 - 08/24/04 09:51 PM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Okay ladies...Has the Queen ever lied to ya? Oh puleaseee...One little lie and you suddenly have a memory like a steel trap.

...but listen to me now.

Drop what you're doing and run on over to this woman's site. It will fill that need you have to be inspired. It will help push you to the place where you want to be. It will speak to you. GO! And don't forget to check out the links at the top of the page where you can read all about the women in the book. You won't be sorry!

JJ

#38272 - 08/25/04 12:42 AM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Prill, excellent premise for a book. Congratulations on publication. I've visited your site and "visited" with each of the extraordinary women.

Wow. You have a winner.

[Big Grin]

#38273 - 08/25/04 12:54 AM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Prill wonderful book and I condratulate you. Am I jealous, oh yes, I have had to rise above rejection upon rejection when all say what a gresat writer I am. Some of us pay our dues while others collect the rewards. I would love to change my position just once. You are amazing and I'm sure you know that. [Big Grin]

#38274 - 08/25/04 02:26 PM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Prill - congratulations on the book! I enjoyed reading about the women you featured in the book AND your own experiences as well. I'm a rather "late-blooming" writer myself....I say BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!! [Wink] [Wink]

#38275 - 08/25/04 05:03 PM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Congratulations on the book, Prill. And I always follow the Queens decrees, so I'll check out the website, too! [Big Grin]

Donna

#38276 - 08/25/04 09:52 PM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I love the idea behind this book. I think many of us feel like late bloomers. We've been so busy doing what's been needed though the years. We have time at mid-life to focus more on ourselves and become the women we are being called to be. [Wink]

#38277 - 08/26/04 02:07 AM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Really enjoyed the site and the book looks wonderful too.
Thanks.
Maggie

#38278 - 08/26/04 06:32 PM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
What a small world. I went to Amazon to read about this book and one of the women who reviewed it, lives in my home town. That's strange because it isn't a big city but a very small town in New Mexico. So, I emailed her and we corresponded about what had changed. What fun.

#38279 - 08/26/04 09:36 PM Re: Book for Late-Blooming Readers & Writers
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Prill, thanks so much for the email and explaining that this was not your very first book and that you also suffered through rejections as we all have. I was mistaken and thought you sat down, wrote one book and viola it was published. You earned this success and apparently have also paid your dues. I plan to buy and read the book, it does [Wink] sound fascinating.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved