The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 171 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#37642 - 03/25/04 01:52 PM Poetry Anyone????
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Hi All....

Just wanted to post a note about a new poetry publisher - Sun Rising Poetry Press - and the opportunity for those of you who write poetry to get your work published. A good friend of mine just had her first poetry collection published through them and they did a great job (got my copy yesterday!) with it - especially the cover design.

Anyway, I volunteered to help collect contributions for one several anthologies they are putting together at this time for publication....the one I'm working on contains poetry about "lessons learned in life" and is titled "Cosmic Brownies". If you have written some poetry that might fit the bill, just check out the "Cosmic Brownies" page on Sun Rising Poetry Press' website at:

http://www.sun-rising-poetry.com/cosmic.htm

We'd love to give you a chance to "strut your stuff" !! [Wink] [Wink]

Pam

#37643 - 03/25/04 10:55 PM Re: Poetry Anyone????
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Pamela, I am submitting a poem today and who knows it might make the book. Thanks for the information.... [Razz]

#37644 - 03/26/04 12:17 AM Re: Poetry Anyone????
Pam Kimmell Offline

[Big Grin] Charlene! Great.....that's wonderful...the more the merrier. So many of us have jotted down a poem or two about life or a lesson we have learned along our path - I'd love to include them in this anthology....I'll look for your poem to make its way to me thru Run Rising.

Pam [Smile] [Smile]

#37645 - 03/26/04 01:36 AM Re: Poetry Anyone????
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
Pam, I've emailed a poem, but I wasn't really sure if it would suit the anthology...some more info on what you are looking for might be helpful?

#37646 - 03/26/04 01:39 PM Re: Poetry Anyone????
Pam Kimmell Offline

Julie....I received your poem last night - it was a lovely spiritual piece that I believe fits in the "life's lessons learned" category - which is the theme of "Cosmic Brownies". The work that I've received so far tells of things we have learned in our lives that have guided us, disappointed us, enriched us, caused us pain or joy....your piece was a joyful expression of the beauty you have found in the world by just opening yourself UP to it - as far as I'm concerned, that is indeed a "life lesson learned".

The publisher has "sketchy" details on the website...which I think is leaving the door open to a wide interpretation of what she calls "life's lessons learned".....there are three other anthologies being assembled as well with different themes. This publisher has been around for a long time but only in the last few months have they decided to publish poetry collections - apparently the first few books they've printed (which were initially offered as ebooks) have done very well. A dear friend of mine, Anastasia Clark, has three books coming out from this publisher.

Thanks again for sending me your work Julie! It is a beautiful poem.
[Smile] [Smile]
Pam

#37647 - 04/10/04 02:15 AM Re: Poetry Anyone????
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Do you want submissions as inline text or as attachments?

#37648 - 04/10/04 11:46 PM Re: Poetry Anyone????
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Pamela will we be notified if our poem has been accepted for the book? Did you see mine yet, its about being overweight and the pain that entales called Fat Girls Lament... [Frown]

#37649 - 04/16/04 11:44 PM Re: Poetry Anyone????
Pam Kimmell Offline

Ladies! Sorry I'm so late in coming back to this topic to see if there were any other postings...first of all Chatty I haven't seen your poem yet...if you wish, you can mail it directly to me - I think the publisher has been overwhelmed with submissions and considering they just opened a book store TOO, she's way behind forwarding stuff to me. Just send it to junekimm@aol.com - and Meredith, you can either attach or include in the text of your email your poetry.

Garrie - I have yours and I thank you for sending them! Wonderful work... [Wink]

I'm still looking for more material for the collection girls so step right up!! Anything that deals with the little lessons we learn in life - good/bad/ugly - doesn't matter...I'd be happy to consider them for "Cosmic Brownies"....AND you get a copy of the anthology when it's printed as "payment" for contributing too - I don't think I mentioned that earlier...

Thanks again ladies....you are all so talented!

Pam [Wink] [Wink]

#37651 - 04/17/04 01:02 PM Re: Poetry Anyone????
Pam Kimmell Offline

Great! Thanks for letting everyone know....the more the merrier!

Pam [Big Grin]

#37652 - 04/25/04 01:04 PM Re: Poetry Anyone????
Pam Kimmell Offline

Hi Ladies! Just posting a bit of an update here.....my BIG thanks to those of you who have sent me poetry for "Cosmic Brownies"...you gals are SOOO talented. I was very pleased to receive your work....

Anybody else who is interested (by the way chatty I haven't received yours yet??!!!).....we are still taking submissions.... [Smile]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved