My latest hobby/passion is combing the beaches for SeaGlass...it began when I attended a Craft Festival and found an artist who made beautiful picture frames encrusted in sea glass that she found on local beaches..that was about 4 years ago...since then I have found thousands of beautiful sparkling shards of glass that I have displayed all over my beach house in jars and bowls and canisters.

Combing the beaches duing the winter months is a spiritual experience for me..as I walk alone looking for treasures, I say my prayers and talk to my Mom and Dad who have passed...one day I was talking to my Mom in my mind..telling her about my youngest daughter and what a beautiful and kind young woman she has become..I said.."Mom, you would be so proud of her, she reminds me so much of you" at that very moment I saw a shiny peace of white glass sparkling brightly at the water's edge..when I picked it up it I saw the letter K etched into the sea tumbled glass...my daughter's name is Katie!!! My heart leapt..I believe my Mother was sending me a sign letting me know that she heard me. needless to say that piece of glass is displayed in a special way in my home..since then I have received some other messages as well...but most days I just find pretty little gems that I love so much...all colors, shapes and sizes...and I wonder about each one I find..where did it come from..how long has it been in the sea....

Do any of you ladies share my hobby? and if so , which beach do you seaglass on?

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel