The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#108040 - 02/17/07 02:14 AM cracking ice
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
NOT! This is not a fun activity by any stretch. Our area got covered with a couple inches of snow and several inches of ice, followed by a little more snow, then ice. The temperatures remain below freezing so on we are spending lots of time cracking ice off the cars, driveway and sidewalks. I'd much rather be digging in the garden!

Anyone else experiencing crazy weather patterns?

#108041 - 02/17/07 03:13 AM Re: cracking ice
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Minnesota report. A very cold February,below zero for weeks in a row, which is a bit unusual, but very little snow. They say we are in a drought. Even the most northern parts of Minnesota have only an inch or two of snow.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#108042 - 02/17/07 03:38 PM Re: cracking ice [Re: Anno]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Three weeks ago we had temps at zero to 10 degrees. Today, it's warm and sunny and could get up to 65! And still, dry as a bone - no rain or snow. Our snowfall for an average winter is maybe 18 - 36 inches, and we've had two inches so far.

#108043 - 02/17/07 11:14 PM Re: cracking ice [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Got me there, Dotsie. I thought it had something to do with ice sculpting. Take care with driving.

We have rain and the cold snap was just that, a snap which lasted only for a few days. Not even a week. It rarely snows in London but it did. Not enough and not cold enough to settle for too long however. It's been the warmest winter and I dread what summer would be like. I bought two air conditioning units. Odd to talk about air conditioners when it's not even spring yet but, they were good buys as its winter. Oh, and I have barrels filled with rainwater.

#108044 - 02/18/07 01:42 AM Re: cracking ice [Re: Lola]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
It's been crazy, but not really unusual for us except that we have had a mild winter with no snow until this week. The big snow storm turned into sleety rain around us and made for some nasty driving conditions and terribly icy sidewalks, driveways and parking lots. The frigid temperatures are about what we expect here, but we usually have a lot more snow. Not that I miss it, but I have this awful cold. Today was in the 30's and not so bad, but now that it's night, it's getting colder again and what thawed into puddles will freeze again.

#108045 - 02/18/07 02:29 PM Re: cracking ice [Re: Louisa]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lola, you mention driving. There are som many cars and trucks on the beltway with ice on the top of thier cars. There have been several accidents from the ice flying off and landing on other moving cars. People have been taken to the hospitals for injuries.

While cruising the beltway the other day (thankfully I was looking for cars with ice atop but you can't see the tops of the trucks) a HUGE chunk of ice flew off the top of a truck ahead of me and was floating and dancing through the air heading right towards me. My passenger and I saw it and I was able to slow down and pull right. I ended up driving through the mess it made on the street which was much better than it hitting my windshield. It's dangerous out there. By God's grace, it wasn't supposed to hit us. I was thankful for my eagle eye and my passenger.

#108046 - 02/20/07 01:30 AM Re: cracking ice
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Dotise ,
I was telling hubby the same thing I would rether be out in the garden if I could find it for the ice and snow and ice . We can now walk on top of the snow and can't even get to the wood pile and already tired of the boots . In fact I was in the Mall and the Macy's store boots were on sale a dime a dozon . I found a black pair to wear also and cheap on sale .

After we shoveled out the driveway the trucks came and put more snow on the end of the driveway and had to wait todays to get the ice chopped by hubby to get out of this house and it is bad in some spots out there . I would never go out sleighing now , people are getting killed by the ice on top of the snow .

Well, good news is heading our way , with warmer weather coming in this week to hopely melt this horrible mess .

Blessings

#108047 - 02/20/07 01:59 PM Re: cracking ice [Re: Sadie]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
No ice here.
And today is going to be near 60!
But it has been very cold here up until now.
Have faith, Spring is coming!

#108048 - 02/20/07 03:24 PM Re: cracking ice [Re: TVC15]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I though it was something you put in your Coke. You have ice on your streets?

#108049 - 02/20/07 04:40 PM Re: cracking ice [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
JJ, sooooo funny. Evil grin, indeed!

It is up to 40 today in Minneapolis. The sun is shinning and the wind is mild. Spring fever is setting in.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved