The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#221206 - 06/24/16 10:05 PM If you had to choose...?
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Hoping someone here has a vacuum cleaner they really like and could recommend with gusto!

Need a new vacuum cleaner.

#221208 - 06/28/16 10:15 PM Re: If you had to choose...? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Okay just in case anyone is interested we bought a bagless, Hoover,
Windtunnel with rewind cord. The unit is light weight but has great suction, which is what we need because we have two dogs.

#221211 - 06/29/16 05:30 PM Re: If you had to choose...? [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I AM interested, Jabber! I have tried so many vacuum cleaners over the years, and have never been totally delighted with any of them. When I used to have cleaners come taker are of my house, I always asked them to bring their own vacuum, as mine "sucked," in the suction department.

Our house has a built-in vacuum system, so these days we use that, but I don't think it's all that powerful.

So thanks for your input. I have looked at the infomercials for the SHARK and the Dyson vacs, but they are all so expensive...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#221214 - 06/30/16 09:12 PM Re: If you had to choose...? [Re: Anne Holmes]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I'd love to try the Dysons, probably the one labelled "Absolute"...we have a Kenmore canister and unfortunately (I should say fortunately, depending on how you look at it) it's still working fantastically well. It has always worked very well and sucks big time. But it's a bit inconvenient to have to lug around, plug in and use for quick pick-ups. We've tried so many different variations of those quick dust busters, and either took them back within a week or gave them away after a few months.

We did buy a cordless vacuum for quick pick-ups upstairs in the bedroom area. I forget the brand name, but it's also very good. The battery only lasts about 30 minutes though, which I knew when we bought it, but it had such high reviews anyway, we took a chance. I'm not sorry we bought that, it's perfect for that small area of the house.

Anyway, I can't justify buying a new one, but if I could, would splurge on the Dyson.

(Maya Angelou)

#221216 - 07/03/16 05:48 PM Re: If you had to choose...? [Re: Eagle Heart]
jabber Offline

Billy rebuilt the Hoover Windtunnel we had before this new one.
I'm gonna keep that upstairs and use the new one downstairs. The old one is too heavy to be lugging up and down. We have a tri-level with stairs from the family room and foyer into the living room. Not as young as I used to be and cannot lift heavy stuff anymore...lol...

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved