The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#158937 - 09/06/08 12:25 PM go Anno
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I just visited Anno's blog and she's keeping her promise of posting daily. You go girl. I'm happy for you.

For thsoe of us who don't blog, mind telling us what you're getting from doing this on a daily basis? I'm sure there are lots of benefits.

Also, I just called you and you were sleeping - didn't answer your phone. You're it. Phone tag. Just kidding. Read her latest post!

#158964 - 09/06/08 08:02 PM Re: go Anno [Re: Dotsie]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Anno..just visited yours and Dennis´s blog. It´s such a relief to be able to read about what is happening in your lives... I have been wondering how you are..and now I can check-in whenever I want. I would like to subscribe to a feed..but don´t quite know what that is and what it entails, if anything confused..I am so hopeless at times and it makes me so ANGRY!!! Not your problem, dear one!

I am very interested in your answer to Dotsie´s question..what are the benefits of a blog? I can think of some..and one very important one must be that perhaps others with the same "problem" will contact you..and you can share and perhaps even help eachother. Could this be a very real benefit?

Sending lots of hugs to you and Dennis!

#158965 - 09/06/08 08:06 PM Re: go Anno [Re: humlan]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Therapy...capturing moments in time with words so that you have them forever...getting things out into the open and off your already heavy shoulders....thinking out loud so that you can RE-read your own thoughts and put things into perspective...entertaining the world...flexing your creative mind...giving people you care about, but don't have the time to call, a window into your world...

these are few that I can think of right off the bat.

#158979 - 09/06/08 10:53 PM Re: go Anno [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Wow! Thanks for reading everyone! I get busy this time of year, so I just check in on weekends. I do get to the book group a bit more often, tho.

I have loved writing the blog. I am able to say my reality outloud to anyone who is willing to listen. It allows me to "let go" of frustrations and joys and celebrations. It also helps me keep a journal of day to day life. It is helping me learn how to write - even if only one person reads it on any given day, I feel I owe it to that person to write as well as I am able.

I am lucky that Dennis supports me. After all, so much of the time I am writing about his body, and it's out there for anyone to read. Perhaps it would be more difficult for me if the blog were about only me.

Dotsie, thanks for trying to reach me. It touches me deeply. Thanks Humlan, JJ, Dotsie, Lola, for reading and keeping up with me. I love you all.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#159018 - 09/07/08 05:52 AM Re: go Anno [Re: Dotsie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Anno is a good blogger!
I read lately if you're over 22 (the article didn't say why that age) you should be blogging.
I can't wait to hear your answer to dotsie's question, anno...

#159023 - 09/07/08 08:06 AM Re: go Anno [Re: gims]
AdornmentsMilani Offline

Loc: California
Yes, I enjoy reading your blogs too:) You are so honest and open with your time spent w/ Dennis. And some of your details are so vivid that they are hilarious (well, except for his constipation problem;). I'm amazed at your working full time and also taking care of him. Hope that you find time to take care of yourself also.

#159224 - 09/08/08 11:16 PM Re: go Anno [Re: AdornmentsMilani]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Yes, Adornments, I do take care of myself. I will not go out of this world being a martyr. It just isn't in me!

Today, the Mayo clinic in Rochester let us know that Dennis has been accepted for the latest study on Shy-Drager. Such great news, and it gave me something to blog about!

Thanks for thinking of me, gals. I know that I am not around as much as I wish, and it makes me happy to know that I am still in your thoughts and hearts.

I LOVE writing each day. I encourage you all to try. Why 22? Let me know if you find that out, gims.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#159238 - 09/09/08 02:48 AM Re: go Anno [Re: Dotsie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Dotsie, earlier this year, we discussed blogs and the topic starts with the following (I don't know how to make a link.) I don't think you'd have to blog daily. I heard that the more you blog, and the more responses, the higher up in the food chain your blog becomes, with more hits to your main site. I have no clue to that tech aspect. I wonder how many boomer blogs there are? Hey, Dotsie, just one more thing for you to take on! Baby Boomer Blog
"Do you keep a blog? What do you think of them?" post # 138296

#159241 - 09/09/08 05:53 AM Re: go Anno [Re: Princess Lenora]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Anno, I asked the same age 22 question in my head while I read the statement... I should have commented to the entry, including the question, but I didn't... it was a blog about blogging on one's family - I do remember that.

PL, see if this makes sense...

#159313 - 09/09/08 05:00 PM Re: go Anno [Re: gims]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Thanks Gims. I'll try this later. Right now my head is fogged with percocette because I fell and bruised my ribs and chest wall muscle.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved