The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 110 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#200922 - 03/15/10 01:23 AM Is there such a thing...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
as a full time homemaker anymore? I don't know of any anywhere. Most familys must have two incomes to enjoy life, some just to survive. I wonder if with all the unemployment children are benefitting by having one or even both parents in the home all the time? What's worse absentee parents or parents there but with absentee financees?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#200945 - 03/15/10 11:31 AM Re: Is there such a thing... [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
My niece is a full-time homemaker. She has two girls. But you are right, it seems to be a minority thing now. Thank goodness her hubby has a good job. She has a degree in finance and has worked before, but they made the decision for her to stay home. Good for them, I say.

#200958 - 03/15/10 01:06 PM Re: Is there such a thing... [Re: jawjaw]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
I am a full time homemaker but I don't have any kids, so I don't know if that counts!! I'm feeling overwhelmed as it is these days -- just too much going on and not enough time for me, don't know how on earth I would manage if I had to go to work, too.

#200960 - 03/15/10 01:08 PM Re: Is there such a thing... [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I guess that qualifies me as well. Although I work from home, I still am HERE and have all the other "stuff" staring me in the face. Ewww...

#200999 - 03/15/10 09:29 PM Re: Is there such a thing... [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Having kids does add to being a homemaker but a woman has to make a home even if she alone lives in it, right? So in that frame of reference we all qualify!

#201010 - 03/16/10 12:01 AM Re: Is there such a thing... [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

My son asked me the other day if he could move the vacuum out of his room. I said, "I have a vacuum?"

#201019 - 03/16/10 03:54 AM Re: Is there such a thing... [Re: jawjaw]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
hahahaha..good one JJ

I'm a fulltime Homemaker and in truth what that says to the people in my life is that because I "don't work" it must mean that I am available to be of service to all the others who do...everyone calls me to babysit their grandchildren, take their aging parents to Doctor appts..pick up their kids at school..pick them up at the airport from business trips and on and on..I am happy to help my friends out whenever and wherever I can..but sometimes it gets ridiculous.

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#201022 - 03/16/10 09:18 AM Re: Is there such a thing... [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Mountain Ash Offline

I am a full time homemaker...I also stayed at home until my children were 12 and 8..My circumstances allowed that..and the earlier spell where I was at home were highly productive.Happy days which laid down strong foundations in my life.
I filled my days..gardened make clothes..made "a penny do the work of a pound" shared time with those in my community.I started study and a new career opened up rather than return to my first workplace where I could have been welcomed.
Other doors opened in an era where feminism the arts and a wider world waited.I emgaged in the politics of the UK...I feel fulfilled
I appreciate my retired status..I observe those wonderful younger woman working hard..and people doing what they can to cope in the situation that the banks have created..I know they will plough their furrow in life...we all do what we have to..that is living..
My children now adults in turn cascade into their careers the joy and forward belief of happiness they enjoyed.This was my task along with my husband..to do no harm..to do our best..

Yes I agree Nancy people ask favours of me...as they did in my earlier stay at home time..but many people help me too..

#201045 - 03/16/10 11:54 PM Re: Is there such a thing... [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Ladies there is a word that helps put a stop to all those that would take advantage of you in that way, it is:

NO, NO and NO!!!

I am a fine one to talk I suppose but do try not to allow friends or family to use me. Plus does anyone ever offer to help you?

#201057 - 03/17/10 12:46 PM Re: Is there such a thing... [Re: chatty lady]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Does anyone stop to help me? Yea, sometimes. You kinda learn who you can count on,and who not to waste your time with.

One of my friends told me that her therapist was trying to teach her that NO is a complete sentence by itself. As in, just say "NO" -- no further explanation needed. That might work sometimes but when I heard that I thought, hmmmm, lots of luck with that one, when someone is badgering your for a reason you can't do whatever.

I try not to let friends and family use me........I really do! but sometimes it's hard to say no or you get roped into something before you know what hit you.

Edited by CrosstitchQueen (03/17/10 12:47 PM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved