The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 129 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#34695 - 04/03/05 02:08 AM switching clothes around
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What fun. It's that time of year in Baltimore when we switch the clothes around. Winter clothes, up...summer clothes, down.

I'm dancing as I pack away all the heavy clothes and drag out the sandals and light weight, pretty colored clothes. Yippee!

Just another one of those chores that makes me feel like a housewife. Hopefully not a desperate one!

#34696 - 04/05/05 04:57 AM Re: switching clothes around
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I love to take out the summer ware. Everything as Dotsie says is so light, bright and casual. If I had the same figure I once had (in prehistoric times) I would wear the least clothing possible. But alas I need long blouses to cover hanging belly, loose to the knee shorts for bulging butt as well as fat knees. Time has not been kind or was it all the gourmet food I've eaten during my lifetime? HEY, lightbulb moment...maybe I have NO wrinkles because my face is fat? Once all the extra weight is gone I may look like a Greek olive>>> [Mad] [Eek!]

#34697 - 04/05/05 06:07 AM Re: switching clothes around
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Gad! Chatty, I hope not! Don't they leave the pits in those? But seriously, I took the under the bed boxes out from under the bed and I even took the lids off!! Why won't those darn clothes put themselves away? Or is it just the sweaters refusing to go back into hibernation? Hmmm...

#34698 - 04/06/05 07:03 AM Re: switching clothes around
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
I hate that chore. It took me two weekends to do it and I was happy to find that I could wear my clothes from last year. I have plenty of items I can take to Cancun. So it's done till fall!

#34699 - 07/13/05 09:25 PM Re: switching clothes around
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
It's July & I am still doing that!!! [Smile]

We of course have the fun of having brand new HUGE closets to fill!!! I've been watching too many home remodel shows.....& can't decide how I want to do everything!!! [Smile]

No more storage totes for clothing.......just the Christmas stuff......and the suff I need to hide!

Gone will be the clutter in my house.......now if I could only clean the clutter in my head! LOL [Smile]

#34700 - 07/14/05 01:40 AM Re: switching clothes around
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
KAy, have you recently moved to a bigger home?

If you figure out how to clean the cluttered brain, please fill us in.

#34701 - 08/13/05 04:29 AM Re: switching clothes around
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Winter? I left that behind when I moved away from Des Moines...Mobile is so hot and humid at the moment one can barely step outside...I love it down here but sometimes I miss the snow, the cold and the snowball fights.

#34702 - 08/13/05 04:58 AM Re: switching clothes around
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I refuse to pack away all my bright summer clothes until the last possible moment...like, the end of October? [Eek!] Well, I wear weather-appropriate stuff outside (no white shoes or anything like that), but I do keep a few of my favourite summer things for wearing around the house.

Sigh, winter's so long and dark and cold, I have to hold on and squeeze as much colour and warmth out of summer as I possibly can, to make enough bright, warm memories to get through those long months of hibernation.

Of course, this year I have BWS to help me through...maybe I won't need to dig out my bright orange capris in January.

#34703 - 08/13/05 06:58 AM Re: switching clothes around
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
We had our garage turned into 2 bedrooms & a full handicapped bathroom for my mom & grandmother. We also redid our kitchen! [Smile]

I made sure the bedrooms had closets the length of the room!!! Made the rooms smaller...but we've got closet space now!! [Smile]

Our house is/was this itty thing...the kitchen you could barely fit 3 people in! Now we have a nice--new--bigger kitchen!!! [Smile] My floor is my fave part!!! Italian porcilan tile!!! [Smile] It was the one splurge!!! [Smile]

With my not working now.....the kitchen is sparkling!!! [Smile] LOL!!!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved