The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#34380 - 05/11/04 03:35 AM BOUNCE in the dryer....not anymore!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
All this time we've been putting Bounce in the dryer. But did you know it will chase ants away? Lay a sheet near them.

It also repels mice, spread the sheets around foundation areas, or in trailers or cars that are vsitting and it keeps mice from entering the vehicle.

It takes the odors out of books and photo albums that don't get opened too often.

Repels mosquitos. Tie a sheet of Bounce to a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season.

Eliminates static electricity from your television (or computer) screen.It has been designed to eilminate static cling, so wipe your TV screen with a used sheet. It keeps dust from resettling.

Dissolve soap scum from shower doors with Bounce.

Freshen the air in your home. Place a sheet in a drawer or hang in a closet.

Place a sheet in the vacuum cleaner.

Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a sheet of Bounce efore beginning to sew.

Prevent musty suitcases by placing a sheet inside while storing luggage.

Place a sheet in your car to freshen the air in your car.

Clean baked on food from a cooking pan by putting a sheet in the pan and filling with water, let sit overnight and sponge clean. The anti-static agent apparently weakens the bond between food and pot.

Eliminate odor in waste baskets by placing a sheet at bottom of wastebasket.

Collect cat hairs. Rubbing the area with a sheet will magnetically attract the loose hairs.

Eliminate static electricity from venetian blinds. Wiping them with a sheet of Bounce prevents dust from resettling.

Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet will collect saw dust like a tack cloth. (for the guys)

Eliminate odor in laundry hamper or bag etc. by placing a sheet of Bounce at the bottom.

Deodorize shoes and sneakers by placing a sheet of Bounce into them over night.

Professional golfers hang sheets of Bounce on their golf bags to keep bee's away.

A couple sheets of Bounce put into your sleeping bags before folding and storing them, keeps em smelling fresh indefinitely.

Last but not least place sheets of Bounce around your flowers and vegetable gardens to keep bugs away and other pesky little creatures and it won't harm them either. [Razz]

I use to write for a column called, "This & That" for a newsletter called The Krikits Chirp and had to research all kinds of things for the column. Hope these may be of help.

#34381 - 05/11/04 07:06 AM Re: BOUNCE in the dryer....not anymore!
Betty-boop Offline

Loc: Utah
Thanks Chatty for the advice on the dryer sheets. I didn't know they repelled ants and bugs. Thats good to know. When I used to drive semi with my husband, we'd put them in the air vents of the truck when we were driving down the road to air out the truck. They worked better than air-freshners. I've also used them in the coat closet and tennis shoes to give a pleasant smell. I had no idea of the other uses for them.

Thanks

#34382 - 05/11/04 01:52 PM Re: BOUNCE in the dryer....not anymore!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I heard that dryer sheets repel cats and I put some on the bottom step of the stairs to keep our cat from going upstairs. Didn't work. He just jumped over the dryer sheets and went upstairs anyway.

Oh well.
smile

#34383 - 05/12/04 07:28 AM Re: BOUNCE in the dryer....not anymore!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is the year of the 17 year cicadas in BAltimore. I think I'm running to Sam's club and buying out their dryer sheets... [Big Grin]

#34384 - 05/12/04 09:17 AM Re: BOUNCE in the dryer....not anymore!
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I had no idea you were supposed to put them in the dryer. [Razz]

#34385 - 05/13/04 08:44 AM Re: BOUNCE in the dryer....not anymore!
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
I'd just like to ask...what sort of chemicals are in these things?? Or are these produced from nuclear waste [Eek!] [Big Grin]

#34386 - 05/13/04 06:10 PM Re: BOUNCE in the dryer....not anymore!
smilinize Offline

I say we replace our entire defense system with Bounce. Our slogan could be, "Bounce for Bombs." Or better yet, "Boomers Bounce for Bombs." BBB.
We could get tee shirts and signs and march on the Capital.
smile

[ May 13, 2004, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#34387 - 05/13/04 08:37 PM Re: BOUNCE in the dryer....not anymore!
Betty-boop Offline

Loc: Utah
Now wouldn't that be a sight? Can you see a bunch of boomers marching up Capital Hill waving our BOUNCE FLAGS and sporting our T-shirts declaring Bounce as the new national defense weapon? LOL

#34388 - 05/14/04 02:01 AM Re: BOUNCE in the dryer....not anymore!
smilinize Offline

I just had another brain storm.
We could add even more oomph to our slogan. It could be Boomer Boobs Bounce for Bombs. BBBB. Yep. That would be even better on our tee shirts. We could wave Bounce flags to keep the bears and cicadas away.

smile

[ May 13, 2004, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#34389 - 07/11/04 10:40 PM Re: BOUNCE in the dryer....not anymore!
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Chatty: good list of uses for Bounce! Great researh! Thanks for sharing!. I had no idea of its many uses.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved