The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#34320 - 01/20/04 06:51 PM cleaning out
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This cabin fever time of year finds me cleaning out closets and cupboards. Time to get rid of this and organize that. It's too cold to dig in the garden and get outdoors so I'm looking for things to do inside. What fun? [Razz]

Anyone else getting organized this time of year?

#34321 - 02/06/04 09:08 AM Re: cleaning out
chloet Offline

Loc: Thailand
Dotsie
I am in the middle of packing for our move from Thailand to Australia...
Throwing away clothes is no problem but sorting papers and cards and letters is a huge one...I just dont like to throw anything out..I want to keep all my birthday and xmas cards but there are boxes full so some of them have to go...
I already have 10 boxes full of papers in my dads and brothers garages in Australia...
What to do??? Any advice about what to throw out and what to keep??? I guess I am just sentimental
Chloe....

#34322 - 02/07/04 05:06 AM Re: cleaning out
swimbo56 Offline

Loc: Towson, MD
I have all these great plans to sort thru and throw out. Somehow, my mind is farther ahead than my body, and I don't seem to get very far. I started cleaning out the guest room 2 weeks ago and only got 1/2 way. I also wanted to cleanout the attic and sort thru all the holiday stuff and clean out. Not getting very far there either. I also have 4 notebooks that need papers filed in and to file the bills for the past 2 months. I seem to find myself instead reading, playing Mahjong on the computer or doing a picture puzzle. Today I was making sugar cookies and a birthday cake for my mom. I still have boxes and boxes of pictures to sort and then place in the boxes of albums I have too. One of these days....

#34323 - 02/07/04 07:21 AM Re: cleaning out
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Boy Swimbo, I'm there with ya'. I went like a house afire right up through Christmas. Haven't done a single productive thing since. I have great plans and wind up playing online or writing which I suppose could be productive if I ever got anything published, but darn it, I think you have to send things off to get them published and sending off is another thing I plan and don't do.

Maybe it's just winter hibernation.

I hope.

smile

#34324 - 02/07/04 03:17 PM Re: cleaning out
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Chloet, I hae the same problem with cards. I'm fairly good at getting rid of other stuff, but I have 2 chests full of cards, and a couple bags shoved in cabinets too. I HAVE to do something about it.

I'll start to throw a few away and then I think, well if I'm keeping this one from that person, then I need to keep these too. It's bad.

I have all the letters and cards my husband sent me from when we were dating.

I wish you the best with your move. Are you excited? This means you're moving home, right? [Big Grin]

#34325 - 02/07/04 03:22 PM Re: cleaning out
Dotsie Offline
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by swimbo56:
I have all these great plans to sort thru and throw out. Somehow, my mind is farther ahead than my body, and I don't seem to get very far. I still have boxes and boxes of pictures to sort and then place in the boxes of albums I have too. One of these days....

Swimbo, I hear you. My mind gets ahead of me too. [Eek!] I have the picture thing going on. I keep telling myself to just buy those picture boxes. Have you seen them? I think that would be easy. All I'd have to do is get them in order by date and stick 'em in the box. One of these days!

And smile, as far as submitting goes, can you submit any of your writing online? I find that's much easier. Just lots of cutting, pasting, and clicking!

I also believe there is a time for everything. [Big Grin] It's okay for us to take breaks every now and then. [Wink]

#34326 - 02/07/04 05:44 PM Re: cleaning out
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
CVhloe

Please do throw anything out that is from Thailand and you could remotely want it in the future.

During my moves I have cleaned out very well and now I would like a little of this and a little of that to explain to my son something that we did or a custom that was prevalent. It is hard but try to think ahead. Sometimes souvenirs are the day to day items that don't seem important right now.

I know I just made things harder for you but int he long run-maybe better?????

Lynn

#34327 - 02/09/04 01:55 AM Re: cleaning out
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
I'm starting to feel like it's time to move house, but after 13 years in one spot I don't think I could face packing...I'm a hoarder.

But I do know of someone who recently digitalised all their family photos and now keeps them on computer CDs - what a space saver! especially if you are moving. If you have a scanner you could also scan documents and letters to keep the memories and discard the papers...and you can have backup copies of the CDs in a safe place in case of bushfire etc. Just a thought - depends how much time is available...

#34328 - 02/10/04 01:10 PM Re: cleaning out
chloet Offline

Loc: Thailand
Hi,
I dont think anyone realizes how much stuff I have...I have decided on a solution for the cards...Recyling...I am sending them off to my friend in Australia who recycles them into xmas and birthday cards..
I dont really have a lot of Thai stuff but I have stacks of cute Japanese cards and things which are harder to toss out...And I have Japanese fans, scarves, kimonos, windchimes etc...all in boxes...
What to do ???
Yes, we are going back to my home in Australia..We will stay in our friends apartment until we find one of our own..So all this stuff will go into storage yet again...
Chloe...

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved