The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 167 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#34856 - 10/25/05 11:07 PM Inquiring into professional coaching.
Stacy M. Offline

Loc: New Albany, Ohio
Greetings!
I'm a SAHM after trying to do the work thing and kids in daycare. It took a few months to get adjusted and brought about our move, BUT I really do love it! I feel so blessed!

Now that I'm settling down into our home and we're getting into a routine, I've found my passion for shopping again! Woo hoo! It's been missing for about 3 years or so?

I'm not a crazed shopper or out of control. I love to buy stuff for my home (shocker), antiques and doo dads for the family. And, who can resist a good deal??

That little hobby requires a little more money than hubby brings in. I've talked on this site about becoming a Home Coach to earn that extra income while being a true expression of myself.

The new biz idea faded during all the Arby's drama, but got ignited yesterday at Kohls when I found SO MANY things I'd loved to have purchased. [Smile]

I must get this biz up and running! tee hee

Does anyone on this site do coaching or know someone who does?
Have you ever used any of the learning and marketing materials offered on the internet? I've come across a couple of companies and want to download a couple of the learning packets (for a fee, of course).

Thought I'd put this out there and get some feedback. Thanks!!

#34857 - 10/26/05 06:07 PM Re: Inquiring into professional coaching.
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Stacy,

I was waiting for someone else to answer you - but nobody has stepped up.

Bre and I just visited a local lady who does business coaching - we had a great visit with her, and I feel like what she does could benifit me.

I would be happy to share her contact info, and another coaches' info if you are serious. These coaches cost money! (imagine that) lol. but usually give free "first time" consultations.

I thought your "training" (forgive me for not remembering the group) was coaching for you? I believe you have all the tools you need to get your business going.

Besides,you've got me...if you need to pay someone to tell you what to do...tell me what you want to pay me...and I'll tell you where to go. lol!

Did you email the web guy? I told him you would be doing so!

The coached turned me onto a book called "the journey" by Brandon Bays....it is a book that helps one discover what is holding them back. I ordered it from half.com last night...that might be a helpful!

hugs to you sister,
stop trying to figure it all out...

and...

JUST DO IT!

hugs,
danita

#34858 - 10/26/05 08:37 PM Re: Inquiring into professional coaching.
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Danita, thanks for the reminder of half.com. How did I get out of the habit of using that?

Stacy, I don't have much information about this, but I do want to share that I know a coach who does most of her coaching by phone. I thought that might be encouraging. She attended some school on weekends in DC to get her certification. I'll try to find out more.

Another thought, you sound like a woman who loves children and being a SAHM. Have you considered caring for a couple children around the same ages as your own? Just a thought.

#34859 - 10/26/05 09:21 PM Re: Inquiring into professional coaching.
Danita Offline

I order at least 2 or 3 books through half.com every month. I love that they are delivered right to my doorstep - and I've always found what I've been looking for. (save gas $$$ also!)

d.

#34860 - 10/27/05 03:04 AM Re: Inquiring into professional coaching.
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
StacyM, I use to consult as an Effeciency Expert for major corporations, mostly newspapers. I have helped start people in business's and recently started a new one of my own. This will be my third business. The other two were sold when I was moving. Can I be of help? Fee free of course to any Boomers

[ October 26, 2005, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#34861 - 10/28/05 09:53 AM Re: Inquiring into professional coaching.
Stacy M. Offline

Danita knows me all too well!

I am trying to figure it all out!
I'm trying to do it right.
A little fearful of diving in because of past failed experiences. Yeah, yeah, I know all the quotes about stuff like that.

I was the little girl at the pool who held up the line on the high diving board because I stood at the end contemplating and being afraid. Obviously I've lived to tell about it. tee hee

#34862 - 10/28/05 04:37 PM Re: Inquiring into professional coaching.
Danita Offline

Jump Stacy, Jump!

D.

P.S. I'm SERIOUS that you can pay ME if you need a great coach! LOL!

#34863 - 10/28/05 05:49 PM Re: Inquiring into professional coaching.
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Stacy, what is your biggest fear about this business?

#34864 - 10/29/05 08:35 AM Re: Inquiring into professional coaching.
Stacy M. Offline

That it won't succeed to my expectations.

"What are those?", you ask.
Generate more money than I could have imagined.
Bring about a level of national fame.
Create freedoms and opportunities for my family.

I dream big, eh?! [Smile]

Digging deeper into myself, I would really say that my biggest fear is that I will let myself down AGAIN. I understand that ultimately the success depends on me.

#34865 - 10/29/05 08:55 AM Re: Inquiring into professional coaching.
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Stacy, may I suggest that you make your goals specific and small. For example, if I were you, I would determine what the name of my business/service is. Do you have a name? How about a mission statement. For example, "I inspire people to bring their homes to its highest potential for safety and sanctuary." What you will do for whom and the way you would do it. Before you spend money on life coach certification, always see what you can do for free via the internet. You know, Dr. Phil called himself a life coach. Here is one of my favorite affirmations:" I make perfect use of my talents and abilities, and I have abundant income now." Perhaps you could focus on the service you will provide and how others will benefit vs the financial benefits to you. As for specific, what opportunities do you want to create for your family? Education? And what kind of freedom? I would LOVE to be able to help my husband find freedom from the ruthless restaurant industry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved