The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 111 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#207115 - 08/26/10 06:44 PM Calling all writers!
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
Hi Everyone,
I just started working for a magazine, resource guide actually in my area. It is for the 50+ age group. It's a great idea and a nice little project for me. I sell the ads so don't think it's appropriate for me to write articles, but I have lots of ideas.

As we are a new publication, I was wondering if anyone is looking for a magazine to feature their articles. This would allow for your name and articles to be published, but there is no fee at the moment, we are very small and an annual. I would send you copies for your portfolio. Next year they will be getting a grant so there will be funds available for editorial.

Now I know no one wants to work for free, but it you would like to share your articles on topics related to the 50+ crowd and you have some written already please contact me through this site. It is just available in local communities here but we are planning more books for many other areas in my province. There are 11 already.

The guide has resources for housing, health etc. is supported by advertisers and has one page articles pertaining to this age group. To give you an idea, I am looking for an article on hobbies as I have an advertiser that sells wine kits. His clients are all over 50. He wants to see an article on hobbies that include his. The article needs to be general though as there are so many hobbies out there.

We do have an article on the sandwhich generation but more are needed.

So, if you would like to be published in a 50+ magazine, for no money :-(
but exposure at least, please let me know.

thanks.
Kate

(I hope it's ok to post this type of thing.
I could ask and see if we could list this boomer website in or info about it at the least and will do that)

#207116 - 08/26/10 07:58 PM Re: Calling all writers! [Re: katebcca]
Alice Offline

Loc: Michigan
Hi, Kate: I would like to do that. I don't have an article on hobbies, but I have written a paper that is about one of my passions...getting the message out there regarding verbal abuse.....1 in 3 women on our planet are being abused and every 9 seconds a woman is assaulted.

www.soulpoetry.org is my site for my poetry book, Sanctuary of the Soul; it has been endorsed by Elie Wiesel, Wayne Dyer, Nikki Giovanni and others.

I guess this would be under the heading of "health?" Let me know if interested.

Sincerely, Alice

#207133 - 08/27/10 06:06 PM Re: Calling all writers! [Re: Alice]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Hi Kate:

Since I live in the same region of Canada as you, perhaps I might have some suggestions/content.

Right now, I'm trying to recover for next few days from writing a number of articles, for several sources. It's a holiday weekend after all. smile
As a resource for your readership and if they are cyclists (which I know the Victoria /Sannich area) has a large group, including people over 50+. See below. My partner recently met the lead cycling advocate-councillor in your area. The guy himself is over 50+.

http://insidevancouver.ca/author/maidiebike/
http://insidevancouver.ca is Tourism Vancouver's blog. There are all sorts of things the team of writers post. Of value for folks making short trip to Vancouver

And....I will be on Vancouver Isl. only for a day this weekend before we head over to one of the San Juan Islands, etc.

#207135 - 08/27/10 11:18 PM Re: Calling all writers! [Re: orchid]
LTWayfaringWords Offline

Loc: Missouri, recently moved from ...
Victoria, San Juan Islands..... you're making me homesick!

#207142 - 08/28/10 07:42 AM Re: Calling all writers! [Re: LTWayfaringWords]
katebcca Offline

Sounds good Orchid, also Alice.
I am going to discuss with the publisher.
Will be back.
Kate

#208153 - 10/04/10 05:51 PM Re: Calling all writers! [Re: katebcca]
katebcca Offline

Hi Orchid,
Really busy with another job so have not been here in a while.
Thank you for the links. I'm sure we can use info from these blogs. Is it ok to print from these?
Let me know.
thanks,
Katherine

(The San Juan Islands, sounds wonderful)

#208873 - 11/09/10 10:52 PM Re: Calling all writers! [Re: katebcca]
shannonboyles Offline

Loc: VA
Kate,

I have several articles I can contribute. They have already been published, but I own full rights.

Check with your editor, and let me know if he or she is interested in published work. Topics include At Home Care and Elder Care.

You are welcome to view a few of them; they are posted on my webiste.

www.myseniorfocus.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved